cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Cache Client Issue 7.9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

After upgrading livecache client 7.9 the live cache test is finishing with error and application team is facing issue "

Error for COM routine using application program (return code 40,010)" . Can you please check this and let us know how to resolve this.

Live Cache Test Finish with:

liveCache-test on LCA has errors

Message no. /SAPAPO/OM057

Details:-

livecache Server 7.7

livecache client 7.9

HP UX OS

SAP System and livecache on same server. (Reason for upgrading client to upgrade kernel 700 to 720 for our production box, which is running on different servers - SAP system and livecache different server )

Thanks and Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue resolved by implementing the note Note 1784668 - Problems with SCM after upgrade to 7.20 SAP kernel

Thanks alot to Natalia for the great support.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaz,

Have you found a fix yet? I am in a situation where a single host runs two versions of SCM application first SCM 5.0 and another SCM 7.0 EHP2 (Recently upgraded). The SCM 7.0 needs a newer version of client software to connect the liveCache (running on different host also upgraded to version 7.9). I am struggling to find out what would be the impact on liveCache connectivity for the SCM 5.0 system (It runs liveCache server 7.6 and client 7.7)

Regards,

Amol

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Amol,

-> This thread created to solve the issues occurred after the upgrade of SAP kernel.

See the symptom/solution in the SAP Note 1784668.

-> You have asked the different question.

You are NOT planning to update the SAP kernel on the application servers for your SCM 5.0 system.

Correct?

Please review SAP notes first:

822271    FAQ: SAP MaxDB client software

822239    FAQ: SAP MaxDB interfaces

If you will have further questions => Please create the new thread.

Regards, natalia Khlopina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Natalia,

Yes I ran in to OSS Note #822239 just after i posted this question, an sure point number 14 in it answered my question. I updated the client without any issues. So now I am running a client software at version 7.9 and liveCache DB at version 7.6.

Thanks,

Amol

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Amol,

If you are NOT facing the issues on SCM 5.0 system after  SAP kernel update to 720 on application server => Please create the new thread if you have further questions after you reviewed the SAP note 822239.

Regards, Natalia Khlopina

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shaz,

Please run livecache consistency check report  /SAPAPO/TS_LCM_CONS_CHECK. Correct the inconsistencies in this report output. It should resolve the issue.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

As per functional team the issue was not there before livecache client (Max DB client) upgrade. After upgrade the issue is comming up and live cache test is in error.

Thanks and Regards

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shaz,

I agree that i might be working before the upgrade. Once you upgrade MAxdb software you need to run the consistency check to remove any inconsistent object which has resulted due to the upgrade.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

1. Please review the SAP consalting note 1645187, where you will see some honts on possible cases when LCA return code 40,010 occurred.

2. As you already created the SAP message where you reported the same issue, I recommend to continue the processing of this issue in the SAP message.

And you didn't update the liveCache instance, you updated just the liveCache client software on the application server.

Regards, Natalia Khlopina