SAP for Travel and Transportation Discussions
Fuel conversations about route optimization, customer convenience, and operational efficiency in travel and transportation using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Freight Forwarding and Customs Brokerage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Currently researching SAP, and am looking for information RE how SAP supports global freight forwarding and customs brokerage features. Is this a fairly well developed feature set of SAP via existing modules? If so, which modules should I be reviewing to begin to understand better what functionality exists "out of the box."

Also, if support materials/documentation exists for these modules I would greatly appreciate being pointed at them.

Thank you

Jeff

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

robert_leeds
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Jeff,

SAP's TM 9.0 was released through a ramp-up phase in 2012 and is now Generally Available.  This 9.0 version was specific to LSP / FF.

Complete transportation mgmt. solution

International and domestic

All modes of transportation,including airfreight (covering latest security regulations)

Compliance with international trade regulations and Dangerous Goods (with GTS and EH&S add-ons)

Interactive transportation and shipment planning, collaborative tendering

• Integrated logistics and fulfillment management, transportation execution visibility and monitoring
  • Comprehensive freight cost management, integrated freight and forwarding settlement

The application is integrated with SAP's Extended Warehousing (EWM) and the SAP Event Management system.

Partnership with Descartes for access to their GLN.

Solid list of reference clients as well.

We will be doing a product launch this year, I will update you with more details ASAP.

Thanks for posting on the SCN.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

robert_leeds
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Jeff,

SAP's TM 9.0 was released through a ramp-up phase in 2012 and is now Generally Available.  This 9.0 version was specific to LSP / FF.

All modes of transportation,including airfreight (covering latest security regulations)

Compliance with international trade regulations and Dangerous Goods (with GTS and EH&S add-ons)

• Integrated logistics and fulfillment management, transportation execution visibility and monitoring
  • Comprehensive freight cost management, integrated freight and forwarding settlement

The application is integrated with SAP's Extended Warehousing (EWM) and the SAP Event Management system.

We will be doing a product launch this year, I will update you with more details ASAP.

0 Kudos

Robert,

Thank you for your reply. I understand from your post that an official product launch is slated for 2013, but in the meantime what information is available about TM 9.0 and the featureset for FF's and LSP's? Are there manuals, process specs, documentation, videos etc.?

I would be glad for any information that you can point me to, but understand if there is not much available at this time.

Sincerely,

Jeff

***EDIT***

I found information here: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-31395

robert_leeds
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Jeff,