cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAC 10.8.2 problems w/ sap gui

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I have an iMac and I'm trying to do an assignment for school on 10.8.2, but when I'm downloading the file PlatinGUI729MACOSX_8.jar I'm opening it and the java icon is opening on my dock titled 'microkernel' and eventually it doesn't respond.

If anyone can help me it would be much appreciated! I've downloaded Java 7 update 11 already but I'm lost otherwise.

Thanks and looking forward to a solution

Justin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member192421
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Justin,

There are few SAP Notes that you can refer for troubleshooting. Here are those:

1. 1617725 - SAP GUI for Java FAQ and problem solving

2. 1400273 - SAP GUI for Java: Requirements for Release 7.20

3. 1758540 - SAP GUI for Java: Requirements for Release 7.30

4. 1018530 - SAP GUI for Java on 64-bit hardware

Regards,

Rajkumar

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Justin,

there is an issue inside the Java runtime which can cause a deadlock during startup.

I would expect that you do not see any dialog from the installer, right?

For running SAP GUI for Java on ML

- install JDK 7 (not JRE)

- download SAP GUI for Java 7.30 (not 7.20)

- install SAP GUI for Java 7.30

- in case the installer does not show any dialog and the process hangs, kill it and

- launch the installer without UI by command line

java -jar <installerfilename.jar> -G

to workaround the Java runtime issue.

- for configuring SAP Logon, please refer to chapters 6 and 7 of the manual and to the conversion script available at http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-25456#section9 (scroll down to "SAP GUI for Java Configuration Generator Scripts")

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your advisement.  I do not have a proper user name and password to download SAP GUI Java 7.30 from the link you provided.  I am a student taking an SAP class in Georgia, USA.  The site provided by the class does not have the updated version.  Will you provide another link to download this with my limited credentials?  Many thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just checked the download site available to me by the class.  The 7.30 is what downloads, now.  Thank you for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James

the same problem with sap gui and Mountain Lion

I've installed the latest version of JDK but i can't download the Sap Gui 7.30 Java because i don't have the username and psw for the Sap Service Marketplace.

During the course of sap they give us only the username and psw to access in sap gui.

Please can you help me?

thanks a lot

cristina

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Cristina,

you can request a user for Service Marketplace at https://service.sap.com/request-user .

You will need your company's installation number.

Regarding authorizations to download software refer to Note 1037574 - Software download authorization for S user .

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Rolf Martin.

I have installed Sap Gui 7.30 Java on mountain lion but I have some problems with the configuration.

I have some details but i don't know how can put them in the system.

I have a description, application server (number like 173.61.xxx.xxx), system number, system ID and also client number username and password.

can you help me?

thanks a lot

cristina

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Cristina,

for configuring SAP Logon, please refer to chapter 7. Administration of the manual, which you can open from the Help menu.

For information, how connections can be defined, please refer to 9.1 and 9.2.

In case the SAP Logon configuration from SAP GUI for Windows is available, you can convert it using the script available at the end of section "Literature" at http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-25456#section9 .

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a Mac running OS 10.7.5, and the SAP GUI download was not installing after several attempts.  The download would freeze at a Java Microkernal.  The problem may be due to administrative rights.  Anyhow, I made sure Java was updated, even restarted the computer, but still, no luck.  So, I found some instructions on SAP's website that helped me with the installation (SAP GUI for Java 7.20 documentation in HTML).  My experience may be helpful to others.  A basic summary of my experience follows.

First be sure to download the two MAC files at http://worker.cob.csuchico.edu/.  These files will be in your Download folder, or the location you specify.  Next open a Terminal.

The Terminal can be found within Launchpad in the Utilities grouped-folder.  With Terminal open, type: java -jar (a space after java and -jar).  Then, drag-and-drop the PlatinGUI720MacOSX_8.JAR from the Download folder at the end of java -jar.  What appears is the file-path.  Hit the enter/return button.  This will install the SAP GUI.  Now, getting the Connections in place from the MACsaplogon.ini file.

Open the just installed SAP GUI that should now appear in the Application Bar.  Once opened, you will notice SAPGUI in the menu line at the top of the screen. Click SAPGUI and below it choose Preferences.  When Preferences opens, Logon/Configuration should appear as default.  If not, choose it from the list on the left.  On the line under General titled Configuration File: , type the path to theMACsaplogon.ini file.  I was not able to drag-and-drop this file to the line.  I found it helpful to drag-and-drop the file to Terminal and then type the file-path that appears to the Configuration File: line.  Click Apply in the lower right, and then Save.  This should populate the Connections.

To Connect, refer to the class instructions. 

Note: the Client numbers must be changed from the default of 001.

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Justin,

Welcome to the forums.

I suggest you download the 7.30 JavaGUI instead since this works with Jre1.7

7.20 only works with Jre 1.6 and is out of support soon.

Regards,

Jude