Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbound delivery for goods receipt at the customer location

tony_shen7
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

The requirement is that using third party process, in order to monitor the transportation, need to create the inbound delivery, but the question is that I test the inbound delivery goods receipt at the client plant and storage location  not the customer location,  so how to realize the inbound delivery for goods receipt at the customer location?

Regards

Tony

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

Your query is not very clear. Could you please elaborate more in detail about your requirement

tony_shen7
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

The client is using third party process-Item category-TAS, they want to get the transportation information about the vendor ships the goods to the customer.   Now, we are discussing the requirement.

I try to test it through inbound delivery from PO, then shipment document.

But when I create the shipment document, determinate the leg, the source is the vendor address, the destination is the client plant     not the customer address.

Regards

Tony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

The system defaults the plant address as the destination in P.O in the delivery address tab, but you can change this address to required customer address. For that you need to first define the customer address using MEAN transaction and then enter the address number (created in MEAN) in the delivery address tab in address field for each P.O item.

Regards

Vijay

tony_shen7
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

You are right, I am clear about what you said.

But my requirement is that I try to create inbound delivery for shipment from the vendor to the customer.

It seems that the inbound delivery and shipment ship to my plant-storage location,not the customer.

How to fix it?

Regards

Tony

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

What i understood from the above statment is that you have a customer(Cust1) and vendor (Vend1) & your plant location (Plant1).  Normally Vend1 supplies the material to Plant1 and from Plant1 you distribute the goods to the Cust1)

In the above scenario you want to dispatch material directly from the Vend1 to the Cust1 and same time you want the stock should reflect in "In-Transit" in your system

If my understandin is correct then the correct flow of document should be

1) Vendor will send you a ASN which should create a Inbound delivery in your system which will have supplying plant as Vend1 and Receiving plant as Plant1

2) you should receive the goods in your system

3) Create a outbound delivery , Shipment from your system and dispatch the goods to the customer. This will have supplying plant as your Plant1 and Receiving location as Cust1

The above process will ensure that you are taking the ownership of the material before transfering the goods to the customer however this process is having some pros and cons e.g. what if the there is a transit loss / transit damage once goods reach at customer (Cust1)

Please let me know if the above steps make sense

tony_shen7
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

You are right! Your understanding is correct!

Your solution is suitable for my requirement, thanks!

About the transit loss and damage---I am a newbie in transportation,could you please give some suggestions?

Appreciate

Regards

Tony

tony_shen7
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Another question is: after goods receipt based on the inbound delivery, the quantity of material status ---on-order stock is reduced,right?  Then, how to create outbound delivery?  Use VL01NO?  How to trace the quantity? Could you please give me some suggestion?

Thank you!

Regards

Tony

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

Answer of the this question is bit trickey as this is totally depend on the business case

if you will create outbound delivery without referance using VL01NO then billing will be a issue as during billing the pricing gets determined from the order 

Thank you

Warm Regard

Manish kumar

Answers (0)