cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

acess the sap r/3 table

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi everyone,

can i access the sap r/3 tables directly without rfc .....

any possibility is there means plz send me reply........

present i am doing bapi via jco using RFMs.........

with regards,'

satish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

sap provides us bapi and idocs to commucate with sap from non sap envirornment .so that i think u can't communicate with sap without using adopters(bapis or idocs) .

regards

Guru ......

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This question has already been asked (and answered) here - and here - and here - Not sure if points are getting awarded or not...

Anil, you are posting very confusing answers that don't help people who don't know about SAP and RFC technology. A BAPI is a type of function module. An RFC is a type of function module. A function module is a function module. To clarify, there is only one object called remotely, that is a function module. For this to happen it HAS to be RFC enabled (Remote Function Call.) A BAPI is a function module that completes a certain piece of business logic in entirety, such as creating a document or changing a document - typically methods of business objects as you suggest. There should be no distinction between RFC and BAPI. Typically, all BAPI function modules are RFC-enabled so they can be accessed from remote systems/applications. Any function module that is RFC enabled can be accessed from a remote system. To access SAP data from external systems/applications via JCo you need a function module that is RFC enabled. There are a lot of RFC enabled function modules supplied by SAP - if you are developing custom logic or working with custom tables on the SAP system then you will need to develop a custom RFC enabled function module (call it a BAPI if you want!) that you can then call via JCo.

I'd also say that connecting directly to a SAP database is very bad practice and shouldn't be suggested to resolve issues - data integrity can suffer and cause serious problems for the SAP system. This method should be used with custom database instances (say created via the dictionary builder in NDS.)

Gareth.

MartinHastik
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

i think you you are using the standart way to connect to r/3 tables. An other way is to connect directly to the database of your R/3 system. You can do this with a jdbc driver for your database system. Please use this way only for reading data and be very carefull. It is not standard.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Satish,

You cannot directly commumicate R/3 tables directly. You have to use BAPI or RFC's to get the data.

RFC is used to get data but in SAP only

where as BAPI can be accesed outside SAP environment also.

It is recommeded to use BAPI because they are stored in BOR(Business Object Repository) and can easily accesed anywhere.