SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FMDERIVE - WBS/FC not derive from PO

former_member605388
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to map capital Budgeting. I maintained some rule in FMDERIVE.

plant v/s FC

PC v/s FC

WBS v/s FC

when I create PO for project (account assignment "P") system is deriving FC from plant. If I remove plant from FMDERIVE it derive FC from PC entered in WBS master. I want to derive FC from WBS entered in PO and combination maintained in WBS v/s FC in FMDERIVE.

Any suggestion pls.

Thanks,

Vishal Pant

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In FMDERIVE you have a module FMDT_READ_MD_WBS_ELEMENT, which you can use to read the data. Keep in mind, that WBS is stored in several formats (external and internal) and you might need another module FMDT_CONVERSION_WBS_INT_TO_EXT: depends on the way you build your derivation rule.

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi:

Please use table look up in FMDERIVE. Use table PRPS and map the profit center field to USERTEMP1 and have the system derived fund center using USERTEMP1 in another derivation rule. This should resolve your issue.

Regards

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In FMDERIVE you have a module FMDT_READ_MD_WBS_ELEMENT, which you can use to read the data. Keep in mind, that WBS is stored in several formats (external and internal) and you might need another module FMDT_CONVERSION_WBS_INT_TO_EXT: depends on the way you build your derivation rule.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Thanks Eli for reply. As of now I set rule in FMDERIVE WBS/FC in condition if G/l = CAPEX gl for other derivations I maintained if G/L not equal to CAPEX g/l.

The main problem is to define range of WBS of same project. We are using 3 different coding mass for WBS also the clild WBS may have any length (not possible to define TO range of WBS of same project in FMDERIVE also one FC for each project).

Pls suggest how can I determine from TO range in FMDERIVE.

Thanks,

Vishal Pant

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can build sets and create a funciton (enhancement) which will read the set of WBS, store it in USERTEMP1 field, and establish your rule based on this info.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

When using WBS FM budget consumes at INV level (fine as per client). But when I settle WBS T code CJ88 FM budget get reversed. Pls suggest.

Thanks,

Vishal Pant

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can build a rule on business transaction: if it's settlement you can derive a dummy commitment item.