Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deduction of Advance paid in Travel through Payroll

MSV
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are implementing Travel Management.

The advance is settled during Request Approved status and posted. Then, Expense clears the advance and posts to specific G/L during Trip Approved status. This is happening fine against the specific Trip when the advance is less than the expense.

When the Advance is more and the expense less:

The excess advance needs to be deducted (IT0015) through Payroll. Now how this deduction will clear the advance against the Trip number. Is there any link between Payroll posting and the Trip number?

Please suggest.

Thanks,

M Senthil Vel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi M Senthil Vel,

there is no SAP standard for your scenario. SAP Standard says if the advance is higher it will be settled with next trip or until expense is higher than the advance.

But of course you can develop your own scenario via IT0015 but you need to enter this "down payment" into the/a trip. Or do a manual clearing of the vendor account.

This process should not be the "standard case" therefore I would not develop anything here.

If it is - you should reduce advances 😉

Or as recommended from Gartner Group do not pay advances! Best would be to have a corporate credit card in place.

I know thats not what you are looking for but sometimes it is also good to step back and have a look to the process and not only to force technical solution...

Hope that was helpful,

Sigi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

• How you maintained for travel expenses should pay through Payroll.?

• In your scenario, during posting whether the amount is coming with negative( - ) sign or not.?

Can you elaborate above conditions..... If so may be i can give you solution.

Cheers,

Narayana

MSV
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Narayana,

Thank you for your quick response.

Travel expenses are paid as vendor payment. But the deduction (ie Advance is more and expense is less) would be processed through Payroll. For this we created one deduction WT in IT0015 and posting to employee Vendor account through Payroll processing. Advance is getting cleared.

But there is no link between the Trip number and the Clearing Posting for this scenario while posting from PY.

Regards,

M Senthil Vel