cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Mobile Services to an existing BOE 4.0 installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have an existing BOE. 4.0 SP4 Patch-5 installation and want to install Mobile Services on a separate server.  Can the CMS Mobile add-on be added to the existing CMS server without disrupting the existing environment/functions .  (as opposed to adding additional languages which requires a full re-installation)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Frank,

You don't need to make any Update / Modify  to the BI 4.0 install.  In order to get Mobile support all you need to do id simply deploy couple of WAR file.  All the information to need can be found wthin thje Mobile Admin & Design guide.

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir4/en/44x_mobiOS_admin_en.pdf

Regards,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ajay,   I read about the deployment of the War files, but I am unclear as there is a Mobile CMS add-on feature that can be selected from the Custom / Expand feature BOE installation selection screen. under Mobile Services (Mobile Servers can also be selected.

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Frank,

That will add MOBILE under CMS - APPLICATIONS but does NOT fully deploy the WAR files.  This will allow to control whom to assign Mobile services to using custom Access Rights.  This will also get added when you deploy the WAR files manually.  With BI 4.0 SP5 the Mobile WAR are now deployed automatically.

So you have TWO options:

- If you stay on BI 4.0 w/ SP4 + Patch 5, you must deploy WAR files manually.

- You can upgrade to SP5 the WAR file will deployed automatically.

Regards,

Ajay

Hope this will help with you question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ajay,  I may not have been clear in my question.   With Tomcat the deployment of the War files is straightforward.  My specific concern is installing the CMS Mobile add-on to an already deployed CMS server.  Mobile will be on a separate Server, so I am not concerned with that part including the War file deployment.

My existing environment is BOE 4.0 (CMS) on one Windows server, Tomcat on a separate server and the database on another server.   Mobile will be on its own server.

My question is when I install the CMS Mobile add-on to the existing BOE 4.0 server will it affect the existing installation or can I just go do a modify install operation and add the CMS Mobile add-on.  I am thinking of Languages where it is not possible to add an additional language without doing basically a full re-installation.

Hope that was clear,

Thank You 

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Frank,

If you want to set-up a dedicated server for BI Mobile, you will need to:

- Install BI 4.0 on separate server with TOMCAT and join cluster

- Manually deploy Mobile WAR files on second server

- Use name of second server when configuring connecting from mobile devices

- Create Server Group to manage access to second server for Mobile access

With BI 4.0 w/ SP4+ you DO NOT have separate server services related to Mobile, it is now integrated into the product.

Regards,

Ajay

Answers (0)