cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization to ABAP Developer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

What are the authorizatoin given to ABAP Developer  in Production Client.

Is it adivsable to give authorization for Debug, SE16, SE11 in production client?

I want to know genral practice about ABAP developer access in production client.

Request you all to please share your experience.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In contrast to Amit I would say an ABAP developer routinely needs almost no access in the production client. Certainly debug shouldn't be allowed, and transactions like sa38 and se16 allow access to far too much, bypassing whatever access controls would normally be in place.

In my experience there are very few occasions when such access is needed, and it should only be granted as a last resort and be carefully monitored when it is given.

This is really a question that should be asked in the - I'm sure people over there would have an opinion on this.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank Steve and Amit,

Steve, If some validation is impliment thru ABAP development and user faces transaction problem in production system. This problem may related to some tranaction. Then ABAPER always ask for Debug in production client.

Wanted to know whether we need to create same scenario in quality or allow debug in prodction.

I have also posted this message in http://scn.sap.com/thread/3295492.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

No question - reproduce in DEV or QA. Allowing debug in production is absolutely a last resort. I've never had to do that in over 10 years of operation.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Abap developer has a very important role to play in the production client.

For eg there are many scenarios which cannot be replicated in the QA or DEV .

So debugging in prod is often required.

Also the following t code are also advisable like se16 sa38 etc.

Regards,

Amit