cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing standalone SAP Gateway on Windows Server 2008 R2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am trying to install the SAP Gateway (stand alone) on a new installation of Windows Server 2008 R2.

I have downloaded SAPInst (the standalone SAPInst from the Marketplace) but when I try to start the executable it quits out with the following error

"You start the installation without specifying a startup file via SAPINST_CONTROL_URL in the directory C:/usr. The framework asumes that control.xml or product.catalog has to be used but there doesn't exist such files.If there exist an installation with a different startup filename please specify that filename via SAPINST_CONTROL_URL."

I am starting it by running the full path from the command line.

Am I missing extra content I need?  I saw a download for SAP Netweaver Gateway, but this was just a .PAT file.  I need the full standalone SAP gateway since it is required for a proprietary program we run.

Does anyone know what I need to download to get it installed on my Windows Server?  Do I need to download a full installation master for Windows?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ben,

First you download the Installation Master DVD and use the sapinst.exe file from Installation Master DVD to install.

You also need to check the variable SAPINST_CONTROL_URL.

For more detail. Please go through the below Inst Guide Standalone Gateway on Windows

Guide

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Abdul,

This worked.  I was able to get it installed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ben Daniels wrote:

Thanks Abdul,

This worked.  I was able to get it installed.

Well, nice.

Please change your original post to Anwered

Answers (0)