Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get unrestricted stock in Block stock with a Insp. Lot

former_member242092
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a z-rejection report with table QALS and others where I have fields Lot qty, Block qty and Unrestricted qty. This is helpful to get rejection report during quality.

Now in some cases some unrestricted material found not OK in further department. May be they became damage during carrying or transportation. Physically these materials became damage but it is OK in system as it was unrestricted stock.

How to get these type of material in BLOCK stock again with a proper lot. I am creating manual lot with ins. type 89 but it not working.

Please advise..

Regards,

Rampreet Jaiswal

former_member853398
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Respected Former,

If there is an inspection lot of 100 nos., we move 50 quantities in Blocked stock. Afterward, is it possible to create a new inspection lot of blocked quantity automatically when it is posted from QA32 T-code?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

If you activate inspection type 08 then when you transfer the lot to next department through transfer posting inspection lot will be created and you can move the rejected material to block stock. In this scenario, only disadvantage is inspection lot will be created for all transfer posting.

Let me know if you have any issues in above scenario.

Regards / US

former_member242092
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my requirement lot should be created from unrestricted stock and i can post the stock of that lot to block stock.

It means if unrestricted stock after QC was 100 pc  and I create lot for 10 pc then 10 pc should be reduce from unrestricted through QA11.(Which is I think not possible)

I think should either implement note 175842 for QC reversal or I should create rejection report with reference to movement type ie. 101, 102 - actual production or GR

321 - ok qty

350, 344 and 551 for rejection

Please suggests if any other way..

Regards,

RP Jaiswal

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

2nd option is preferable !  You can use note option also, but there should be certain restrictions for reversing the postings. Z report as per the logic you mentioned can help you to some extent.

This is a typical problem when we try correlating or analyzing inward rejection and line rejection together. These 2 are separate transactions and should be analyzed separately.

Regards, Anand

former_member242092
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

I am using 551 for line rejection.

But unable to find relation between QALS and 551.

How to achieve it..

Jaiswal

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rampreet, 551 does not have any link with inspection lot and that's why it is not reflecting in QALS. Its not feasible and I think that's truly logical.

1. Inspection lot is generated as soon as GR (against PO or production order) is done. You carry out stock posting against this lot in QA32 either to unrestricted, block or scrap depending upon situation. The transaction ends here. Maximum you can reverse and rectify these entries here. These strictly get reflected against same inspection lot or GR. (Provided you use note 175842 for reversal)
  2. But, once you are done with initial posting, the stock loses its identity from which inspection lot (the current stock showing in MMBE) it was okay-ed or rejected. This is the reason such transactions never have the reference of original inspection lot.

For illustration, suppose

Lot Quantity - 100

Unrestricted - 80

Block - 20

Later you realized that only 15 quantity was to be posted in to block stock  So desired effect was

Lot Quantity - 100

Unrestricted - 85

Block - 15

In order to achieve this you should reverse postings done in step 1 and then again should post with desired and appropriate quantity. I reiterate here, this is when you have done any accidental erroneous transaction and want to rectify / reverse it immediately. But this should not be the routine practice.  Otherwise you will never be able to track how many quantity you found NOT OK after giving UD.

Following logic could be help you to some extent,

A. Total Quantity           - Sum of 101 and 102 movement documents during the period

B. Quantity Ok             - Sum of 321 and 322 movement

C. Quantity Not OK      - Sum of 349 and 350 movement

But when you post something from unrestricted to block using 344, you expect B should decrease  and C should increase with same quantity. This could be a tricky and difficult task while developing a logic for Z report. Hence I believe, broadly you should have following contents in the report

Total Quantity - This is lot quanity

Initially okay ed - 321+322 movt (considering reversals if any)

Initially rejected - 349+350 movt (considering reversals if any)

Later okay-ed - 343 movt

Later rejected - 344 movt.

Regards, Anand Rao

former_member242092
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

I have decided to have two rejection report 1. As per lot,  2. As per movement type 350 and 551.

Will update you if face any query.

Regards,

RP Jaiswal

former_member853398
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Respected Former,

If there is an inspection lot of 100 nos., we move 50 quantities in Blocked stock. Afterward, is it possible to create a new inspection lot of blocked quantity automatically when it is posted from QA32 T-code?

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rampreet,

Transferring in to block stock with respect to original inspection lot from unrestricted is not feasible. However you can try following.  

1. You transferred stock (Say 100 Nos) from quality to unrestricted through QA32.
  2. Your rejection report shows 100 OK
  3. Later if you want to reject from unrestricted and want this to reflect in rejection report, you have to first reverse the original posting
  4. Bring back the material from unrestricted to QI with reference to lot. (This you can achieve through SAP Note 175842)
  5. Then transfer to block through QA32 against the same inspection lot.
  6. But there should be some restriction, otherwise this can be done n number of times.
  7. Hence you should be careful opting this.

On the other hand I would suggest following,

1. When you find non conformity in unrestricted stock, transfer the same to block through MB1B 344 movement.
  2. Since  you can not get inspection lot field here its not feasible to co-relate this transfer with original lot.
  3. Adding inspection lot field through Z development in MB1B and correlating it to QA32 or to your Z rejection report is not advisable. This may lead inconsistencies in QA32 and your Z report. 
  4. Hence it is better to have 2 rejection reports. First for incoming inspection (QA32) and another for such cases (sometimes called as line rejection)
  5. Run MB51 with 344 movement for such incidences.

AR