Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeburger AS2 Adapter Key Generation & Maintanence in PI 7.31 NWA

former_member185846
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Can any of you send me the link to generate & maintain the private/public keys for the AS2 adapter in PI 7.31 NWA. I had gone through few documents, which describes the SSL Key config, not the message level encryption. I need to generate private, public keys and distribute the public key (After verisign signs it). Any links or document would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

S0003485845
Contributor

Hello,

Go to the NetweaverAdministrator

http://hostname:50000/nwa

Select "Configuration" => "Certificates and Keys"  (see screenshot)

Click on "Add View"

... and specify the view name (in this example I choose AS2)

=> select this view by clicking on it, and then you can click below on the button "create" to create your private key inside this view...

Steps for Key-Creation:

The "Create" button bring you to the Dialog-Window for the Keys...first you need to enter the name of your key...and click on "Store Certificate"

Define the parameters of your new key ....

...then click on "Finish"

Now you have your own "PrivateKey" together with the PublicCertificate in your View "AS2" which can be used for your AS2 - Scenario in PI.

When clicking on "Generate CSR Request", you can download your signing request

... and after it has been signed by verisign, you can import it via "Import CSR Response".... then your certificate is signed...

former_member185846
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the elaborate details, Stefan. I guess when I generate CSR request, it would only send public key to the verisign (and private key will be kept secret)?? ..also, after I import CSR response, I can retrieve my public keys by clicking export entry.. send the public key, digital certificate to my clients to .use my public key, right?

Thanks again.

S0003485845
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes...the private key is always secret and should never leave your system....it is only your certificate that gets changed from "self-signed" ...to "signed by verisign".

Then you can provide the signed certificate to your partners via "export button"

former_member185846
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

I had some issues importing CSR response and exporting it to the file. After I imported the CSR response, I tried exporting certs from Key_4_SCN_Scneario-cert. But is that the right approach? Or should I exports the key from Key_4_SCN_Scenario?  It seems certs can be generated with both the options (Key_4_SCN_Scenario and Key_4_SCN_Scneario-cert). So am not clear what's the difference between these 2 certs. Please clarify.

Thanks

S0003485845
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

please see my answers below...this should clarify all questions...

I had some issues importing CSR response and exporting it to the file. After I imported the CSR response, I tried exporting certs from Key_4_SCN_Scneario-cert. But is that the right approach?

No, since this apparently is just your certificate that was created earlier (and therefor not yet signed)

Or should I exports the key from Key_4_SCN_Scenario?

Yes, since this is your entry that you have updated with the CSR response…it has now included the signed certificate

It seems certs can be generated with both the options (Key_4_SCN_Scenario and Key_4_SCN_Scneario-cert). So am not clear what's the difference between these 2 certs. Please clarify.

Key_4_SCN_Scenario contains :                  Private Key + Public Certificate

Key_4_SCN_Scneario-cert contains:           Public Certificate

Therefor of course the Public Certificate can be exported from both…but only the one exported from the first one contains the signed certificate, since this is were you importet your CSR response

Let me know if tehre are furtehr doubts

Kind Regards

Stefan

anand_shankar10
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

I am looking for some reference material for seeburger workbench. Its already implemented at my clients place but no documents exists.

If you can share kindly mail it to me: anandshankar841 at gmail dot com

Thanks

Anand

S0003485845
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

I have provided some explanation regarding the Workbench in thread

Kind Regards

Stefan

Answers (0)