cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NW 731 - Functional Unit Wizard (Administrator User)

issac_khan2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Folks,

I am having a strange issue on a new system I am setting up.  I am trying to go through the FU configuration for ADS, Java Foundation & SLD but in the initial step of "Basic User Input" it will not allow me to change the J2EE Administrator user name and it is locked to Guest for some reason.  I have never had this problem in my other systems and I could not find any information on this.  Anyone have any ideas?

System Information:

-Java Only

-NW 7.3 Ehp 1

-Support Stack 5 (with the latest patches)

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Issac Khan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

issac_khan2
Explorer
0 Kudos

This looks to be something related to support packages or one of the Java patches.  I just loaded a fresh NW731 system with out patching it and the user is Administrator instead of Guest.

I will open a support case and let you all know the result.

Regards,

Issac

Former Member
0 Kudos

few days ago i did ADS for NW 7.31 with latest SP without any issues.

Make sure you have performed post processing after NW 7.31 install.

For your functional config here is the link. It will be helpful for your setup.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/9f/870b5dea2649fe92cff527854efadd/frameset.htm

Also functional configuration is not mandatory , there are alternate ways to configure ADS. Let me know if you want to try those.

Regards

Amit Padmawar

issac_khan2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you Amit I know I can do the steps manually but I would prefer not to.  It looks to to be a problem with component "LM Configuration Wizard" Stack 5, patch 2 (LMCTC05_2).  I have a support case open and will reply back with there findings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Issac

I am having the exact same issue after upgrading to NW7.3 SPS05 and running the wizards.  LMCTC is SP05 and no specific patch level.

Did you have any luck with SAP?

Cheers Craig

issac_khan2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

Sorry I forgot to update this post. SAP was not able to get back to me before the project deadline but I was able to find a way around the issue.

1. Disable the new Functional Units you are trying to configure
  2. Re-enable the Functional Units one at a time.  I found when you do this it uses your user id instead of Guest.  I still don't know what exactly causes the issue but doing it this way did work for me.
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Issac,

Thanks for your quick response.  Disabling an re-enabling worked fine for me also. Although when re-enabling I did all the required functional units at once (as I did the first time). 

When I first ran the the functional unit configuration (prior to the error) I had just called http://XXXXXXXXXXXX:51000/sld/fun directly from IE (with no other open sessions) and was presented with a basic authentication window where I put in my admin credentials.  I have a feeling that these credentials were not passed correctly which caused the guest user to appear.

On my subsequent attempts,  where I had a NWA sessions already active as admin,  I was just resuming the previous sessions without disabling, therefore it may have been just continuing where I left off with the incorrect user.

It was only once I disabled and ran again (with NWA sessions already logged in with Admin) that I was able to see the correct user.

Cheers

Craig

HJRavi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Kindly provide me doc as how to configure ADS without functional Unit Configuration.

Please respond ASAP.

Thanks,
Ravi

Answers (0)