Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impact if we remove the data from the table USH10 & USH12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Expert,

While releasing the Security transport we are facing tough time ( some time its taking more than 15hrs just to release the Transport),, We worked with BASIS team and found out that the long run time comes from the analysis of change documents data,especially tables USH10 and USH12, which contain many,partially

unnecessary entries.We came to the conclusion that the archiving of the USH10 and USH12 would help.

However Our SAP system is not setup for archiving, and here is the problem now BASIS team asking us to delete the data which is not needed.

Here my question is what is the impact if we remove the data from the table USH*? (let say 1 yr data) and how critical this will be from the security point of view?

Regards,

Kumar

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

The impact is that you lose a historical data for users, roles, profiles, etc.I can imagine you might want to archive data older then e.g. 1 year as I wouldn't expect you to need it after such a time. However, be sure that there are no legal or compliance reasons that would require you to be able to reproduce this data.

Kind regards

Maaike