cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability check control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are on SAP 4.7 EE. Is there any way we can achieve availability check at the time of creation of Sales Order if we got any open sales orders with unconfirmed quantities? At the moment, the ATP is checking only Confirmed quantities but our business feels this is not the way. We want the system not to allow any new orders to be confirmed with available stock because they should 'really' belong to old backorders! Our users do check now and then the backorders and confirm them after calling the customers but this will take some time and run a danger meantime that someone else may hijack the stock with a new order!

Our present ATP control in OVZ9 is for 02 Individual requirements with checking rule 'A'. This includes 'Sales requirements' but actually it is only taking in confirmed quantities but not Unconfirmed quantities. Is there any way we can include those as well from config level otherwise via User exits??

On a various issue to see if we can have automatic process of back orders, I am looking at V_RA but it only gives a static list and expects us to manually process each individual back orders by confirming them. But we do not want that as we are looking for a solution that kicks in the moment someone tries to confirm for an order that was created later telling that the stock available is less (presumed to belong to older orders).

Many thanks in advance!

Catherine

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In OVZ9, check the box "Include sales reqmts" for the combination of 02/A and try.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In OVZ9, I looked at 'Include sales reqmts' which is already flagged for our combination 02 & A. What I do not understand is 'Sales requirements is only confirmed sales orders, there must a tick box somewhere where we can also include 'Unconfirmed quantities'

Thanks anyway!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Just to let you know, I've tried changing in OVZ2  settings for 02 and 'A' with Accumulative' as '3'. Previously it was '1'. Now it looks like working!

Thanks for your help!

Cath