cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How the change the graphical mapping encoding from utf-8 to ISO-8859-1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

My interface  is developed with graphical mapping which contains encoding as utf-8, but the message i send contains the latin words which are not recognized by this encoding method so i just wanted to change the graphical mapping encoding method from utf-8 to ISO-8859-1

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, if you are reading a file source, I think your encoding can be controlled on the file adapter settings.

Check the Sapnote 821267 - File Adapter FAQ number 16 for File Encoding:

16. File Encoding

• Q: How do I correctly configure the File Encoding used by the File Adapter?
  • A: Generally, the message payload of an XI message is treated as UTF-8 when it needs to be converted from or into a different encoding. So, what you specify in the File Sender channel is the source encoding for an encoding conversion to UTF-8. On the other hand, in the Receiver channel, you specify the target encoding for a conversion from UTF-8. If you configure a channel's File Type setting as "Binary", no conversion will be applied.

Depending on your scenario, only some encoding settings actually make sense and lead to the expected results:
    • XML Files
      An XML file's encoding is set in the XML header, which is later interpreted when parsing the XML, e.g. in the mapping, so there is no necessity to perform an encoding conversion in the File Adapter. As a rule of thumb, always configure the File Type parameter of a sender or receiver channel as "Binary" when reading or writing XML data.
      Important: Even if you configure a File Encoding in the File Adapter channel, the File Adapter will not re-write the XML header to reflect the changed encoding, so you will probably see an XML parsing error later during the processing of the message if you specify an encoding.
    • Flat Files with File Content Conversion
      For a File Sender channel, configure the encoding of the source file. The file will be interpreted according to the configured encoding and converted to XML with an UTF-8 encoding.
      For a File Receiver channel, configure the encoding to match the encoding you would like to be written to the target flat file.
    • Flat Files without File Content Conversion
      Whether to configure an encoding in this case depends on if you want to pass through the file "as is", e.g. within a File Sender to File Receiver scenario, or if you want to convert the file's encoding on its way through the Integration Server. For "as is" processing, configure both the sender and the receiver using the File Type setting "Binary".
      To apply an encoding conversion, configure the respective source and target encoding in both the sender and receiver channel.
      Important: Configuring an encoding in the receiver channel will only lead to the expected results if the payload sent to the receiver channel is in UTF-8 format (e.g., by having specified an encoding conversion in the Sender channel).

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

santosh_k3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

What is your Current Scenario?.

If it is File-to-File  then in the receiver Comm channel in File Encoding you can mention it as "ISO-8859-1".

Thanks

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's a XML to IDOC Scenario. Some of the fields in the xml comes in  latin laguage.