Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access restriction for consolidated log report for AC 10.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

does anybody know how to restrict access to the firefighter consolidated log report, so that some controllers can only see the logs of certain firefighters (e.g firefighters of a certain system)?

Regards,

Roland

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

simon_persin4
Contributor
0 Kudos

In 5.3 there was an additional parameter which allowed controllers to only see assignments and logs for the firefighters that they control but I've not seen anything in the 10.0 system.

You could always just have the logs sent via workflow / email and not provide access to the report itself but that would seem counter-productive in a controlling environment.

What do you perceive as the risk from allowing controllers to see the complete log?

I suppose there could be change documents which give the new value for things like Salary changes in an HR context?

Simon

1 REPLY 1

simon_persin4
Contributor
0 Kudos

In 5.3 there was an additional parameter which allowed controllers to only see assignments and logs for the firefighters that they control but I've not seen anything in the 10.0 system.

You could always just have the logs sent via workflow / email and not provide access to the report itself but that would seem counter-productive in a controlling environment.

What do you perceive as the risk from allowing controllers to see the complete log?

I suppose there could be change documents which give the new value for things like Salary changes in an HR context?

Simon