Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OS Commands JDBC adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a JDBC to proxy scenario.

I have 3 interfaces, PO,GR and IV. All three will be run in bath mode after midnight.

So a script will populate the data for the previous day (PO ,GR and Invoicedata ) from legacy in table1 , table 2 and table 3.

Bt I want a scenario where PO interface if successfull,, then GR interface to be executed and then Invoice.

I ent thru a few threads on the forum.. but none talk abt the OS commands in JDBC channels...

Is there any way we can acheve this? any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tej,

Why do you want to use OS commands? As you are building business process to update PO, GR and IV you need better monitoring and error handling capability and it will be diffcult to monitor OS command. Please check this link:

Message processing is independent of any errors that occur during the execution of a configured operating system command.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73ehp1/helpdata/en/7e/5df96381ec72468a00815dd80f8b63/content.htm

You may query all 3 tables using join to fetch PO,GR and IV data and call proxy in SAP.

You may put the logic in proxy to create POs first , then GR and then IV.

As you are going to run this once in a day after midnight there will not be any need of update statement in jdbc sender channel if you have a date field in your tables.

The other approach could be use BPM where JDBC sender for PO interface will trigger the PO interface and update the PO first. You may call sync proxy in this case and once you get success or failure message from proxy, call jdbc receiver to fetch GR data from table 2 and update GR data using sync proxy and similarly call IV proxy.

If you dont want to use BPM, one approach could be to build multiple interfaces

1. JDBC sender --> Proxy async to update PO data

2. trigger outbound sync proxy from PO proxy --> fetch GR data using jdbc receiver and once the response is received, update GR data and trigger IV sync outbound proxy

3. IV proxy --> jdbc receiver to fetch data from table 3 and update IV data using proxy response

However it will be difficult to do error handling and monitoring in this case as there are multiple points of failure in both ECC and PI.

Regards,

Beena.