Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDS Custom Adapter Corrupt PI Jars

former_member404334
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello,

Following the How To... Create Modules for the JEE Adapter Engine  document I have copied Jars from our PI 7.11.5 installation only to find that 4 of the five listed in the document are corrupt.  I have tried pulling from dev, qa and prod with no luck.  I have also downloaded adapter core for 7.11 from market place and upacked only to not find the jars.  Have the libraries been updated from 7.1 to 7.11? 

com.sap.aii.af.lib.mod.jar

sap.com~tc~logging~java~impl.jar

com.sap.aii.af.svc_api.jar

com.sap.aii.af.cpa.svc_api.jar

com.sap.aii.af.ms.ifc_api.jar

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, that's really weird...

That's the answer we got from SAP:

...haben Sie in diesem Zusammenhang den folgenden Hinweis beachtet:
    1763011 - Where to find jar files for PI mapping/adapter development

Inbesondere die folgenden Wiki Seite zum Download des SCA Files mit den Adapter Archiven aus dem SAP Service Marktplatz:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/Where+to+get+the+libraries+for+XI+development

I tried copying the files from the exact locations given in the wiki (which were the same locations I copied before...). I imported them into my NWDS Projekt and ... .... some kind of magic must have happened... surprisingly it worked... And I have not a single clue, why it does...!?

As I told you, it's exactly the same location I used to copy the files from... The only thing that's different is that I did not use copy-and-paste across RDP-boundaries, but I copied the files at the PI Server (connected via RDP) into a network share on my local PC... But I don't think, that that's the solution... I tried to verify that, but even when copying via RDP clipboard I recognized the files having different sizes than the files I copied 3 days before...

But all these files have exactly the same creation date (2010-04-09, 21:42) and modification date (2012-02-01, 12:29)...

I'm really stumped. It's working now, yeah. But I'd really would like to know, why it does...

The only advise I can give you, is try copying the file from the locations mentioned in the wiki page and don't use copy-and-paste via RDP clipboard (if your sysadmins prefer running SAP on Windows Server 😕 )

I'm sorry if that doesn't work...

Cheeri...Oooh! Markus 🙂

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm having the same problem... I copied the same 5 files from out PI 7.11 EHP1 SP08 to my local drive. I did not zip up anything. Just plain copy. I tried it with the files from our Dev- and Prod-Server. Same Problem...

I recognized, that unzipping and rezipping these files using a standard compression tool, e.g. 7zip, could help for development.

I did not test it yet, but I think that there might also be a problem when deploying my classes onto the PI Server, as the jar files seem to be corrupt.

I have this problem for almost 6 months by now. Since then, we upgraded from SP05 to SP08.

Today we have opened an OSS call.

Cheerio, Markus.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Markus, please share your results back here 🙂

anandvithal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

These jars for Adapter module development are available within NWDS. There is no need to download  from PI system.

To add these jars to your EJB project follow below steps.

Right click on EJB project>build path>configure build path>libraries tab>add library>XPI library>XPI Adapter libraries>Finish

hope it helps,

Thanks,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well... I double-checked that and... there is not XPI Adapter Library...

I'm working with NWDS 7.11 on PI 7.1 EHP1 SP08. Could that be the reason?

Besides, thanks for your Input. 😉

anandvithal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have NWDS 7.3 SP09.

If you have SMP credentials...check for updates or download the lastest version

Thanks,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, that's exactly what I thought...

I cannot upgrade to 7.3 as we're bound to PI 7.11...

Anyways, it's good to know that at least that issue will be gone with 7.3 🙂

Thanks and hope to read you again soon 🙂

Greez, Markus

former_member404334
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for your reply. 

The com.sap.aii.af.ms.ifc_api.jar is the only jar working.  They are always the same ones.

After an import of the jars into the NWDS Project only the one import statement could find the relevant class.  Also, I cannot expand the jars in Project Explorer in NWDS.  This is the warning I am getting after adding this jars:

Classpath entry C:/…/com.sap.aii.af.cpa.svc.api.jar will not be exported or published. Runtime ClassNotFoundExceptions may result. 

Out of curiosity I attempted to pull all five jars into NetBeans IDE, where I get the message like “Corrupted JAR: com.sap.aii.af.lib.mod.jar” from the 4 jars that did not work in NWDS.

Regards,

Todd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Todd,

I was able to bring these in without getting a corrupted JAR error on the import statements (project builds OK.) I use PI 7.11 EHP1 SP3

I think one of the files had a typo, or at least on my system com.sap.aii.af.cpa.svc_api.jar was named com.sap.aii.af.cpa.svc.api.jar

Are your jar files a reasonable size when you download them? Mine range from 100 to 900k each.

Are you zipping them up before transferring out of PI server?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Todd, I was able to download these OK on my 7.11SP3 dev box.

Which ones were corrupt? Are they always the same ones corrupted? How are you sensing the corruption?