cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 731 IDoc_AAE Adapter: Apply control records from payload

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am working on a PI 731 SP5, Java Stack only.

While trying to migrate / recreate the existing scenarios, I have one SOAP -> Idoc so I am using the new Idoc AEE Adapter (Receiver).

In the old system the Communication Channel had Take sender from payload to fill the sender, and Apply control records form payload, in order to just fill the REFMES field.

Now, it seems to me that by selecting Apply control records from payload, all the fields need to be supplied from the payload:

(actually, it also says so in sap help: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73ehp1/helpdata/en/cc/be413f7c8c4f978b7c755a4bc957d8/content.htm )

I am getting the error "Preparing idoc document list for send failed due to Recipient Partner Type is not available".

If I uncheck the Apply control records from payload, it works, but of course without carrying the REFMES value.

I also tried option Override Idoc Control Headers with no luck.

I would want to fill just sender and REFMES, and leave the other fields to be automatically filled as they did before.

Any suggestions ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all and sorry for the delay in informing.

It turned out that the reference field was being filled while leaving the checkbox Apply control records from payload unchecked !

I am not sure if this is due to patches that have been applied or I haven't done thorough check at the first place. (I wasn't expecting the data to pass with the checkbox unchecked, as it is the opposite behavior from the old XI/PI)

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try after disabling mandatory fields and populating REFMES.

Ambrish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we just upgraded to 7.31 SP4 (AEX). After the upgrade we experienced the same error for a scenario which has been running for already a year now.

What was missing in the control record was RCVPRT and RCVPRN. I supplied values for those fields and it worked again.

Did you solve your issue?

Best regards, Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, the issue has not been resolved, as it was considered to be less important (the missing reference field is  rarely used).

I've been meaning to post an OSS message, after I have done some more research, but haven't got around to it.

If I have any news , I'll post it here.

0 Kudos

Hi,

we had same system PI7.31SP5 java only and similar error message, also on an already working scenario!

The message was:

com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException:  java.lang.Exception: Recipient Partner Number is not available

We fill-in the control record (EDI_DC40) in the mapping, so there were no changes there.

What happend is that the Logical system parameter in Adapter specific settings for the Bussines system, under which was the IDOC receiver adapter, was EMPTY due to misconfiguration in SLD.

After correcting the error in SLD and using the Compare with System Landscape Directory button on the Adapter specific setting dialog it pulled the correct value for Logical system and the error was resolved!

Hope this helps

janoliver_feist
Explorer
0 Kudos

In our case, SLD was configured properly, but the business system in integration builder was outdated. We had to re-sync it with SLD.