cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No destination storage bin to be found in storage type 001

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While I am trying to do a putaway, I am encountering the below error during creation of Transfer Order.

No destination storage bin to be found in storage type 001,

Message no. L3009

I had gone thorugh the forum and checked below settings:

1) Storage type 001 level check the indicator "storage section check active whther it is checked or not  (yes it is active)

2) Check whether you have created storage section for the wh/001 storage type (yes it had been created 12 altogether i.e. 001 upto 006)

3) Check whether You have created storage section indicator for the ware house( Yes it had been created the same 12 here as well 001 upto 006)

4) Check whether you have activated storage type search as well as storage section search (yes it had been activated)

5) Check whether you have assigned storage section indicator to Material (yes 001 had been set to the material)

6) Check whether you have created the bins for wh/001/storage section(yes it had been created)

The putaway strategy I defined first was "I" (Addition to Existing Stock). But then I felt that whenever a material comes for the first time, there is no stock in warehouse, so the system is not able to search. So I changed my strategy to "L" (search for next empty bin), and I allowed adding to existing stock and mixed storage. But still the system was giving me the same error. So i checked and found that there is no empty bin, thats why it might be giving. So when I created the empty bin, the system started suggesting. But that was not my requirement, because everytime I cannot go an create an empty bin for just taking material inside, when I have space empty in my existing bins.

So I again changed ba ck my strategy to adition to existing stock. So again the same error started coming.

I am really not able to find the reason for the same. Can anyone help me. Just for information, I am not using SUT

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Strategy I for adding to additional stock searches first if you have anywhere stock of this material, if that is not the case it automatically switches to Next empty bin strategy.

if you have no empty bins, then you cannot use this strategy.

Because mixed storage is not allowed with this strategy.

if you want to add the stock  to other materials stock in a bin, then you have to chose a strategy that allows mixed storage, in your case either bulk storage or open storage.

see the docu: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/c6/f844694afa11d182b90000e829fbfe/content.htm

sushant_wanjari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create multiple storage bins for the storage type 001 using transaction LS10.

Once those are created, select the putaway strategy as L and the during the putaway the system will automatically search for the empty bin as per the index of empty storage bin( created and updated automatically)

Regards,

Sushant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushant,

I agree to yor point, but the point is that we have a fixed set of defined storage bins in the warehouse, so, I cannot just add an extra storage bin the system, as in reality it doesn't exist in the warehouse.

I need to adjust my stocks in the storage bins which already exist and which have space on it.

Regards,

Abhishek

sushant_wanjari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Then I suggest you try with open storage. Following info is available for open storage -

The open storage strategy is suitable for storage types in which there is only one

storage bin in each storage section. If you want to store different materials in this

storage bin, you have to allow mixed storage. A corresponding storage type (key

003) is preconfigured in the standard SAP ECC system.

Regards,

sushant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

As explained by Jurgen, the strategy 'I' (addition to existing stock) will find the storage bin only when the materials is already available in any one of the storage bin otherwise it automatically switches to next empty bin strategy.

Please refer below help document for completed details.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/c6/f8449d4afa11d182b90000e829fbfe/content.htm

So, its better to use open storage strategy for your requirement.

Regards

Vijay