cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in G/L account 6111111 was not found in company code 5506

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I got an error whereby I cannot release by billing due to “ G/L account 6120180 was not found in company code 5506.”

According to my FI Consultant it is because it has not been maintain correctly in VKOA.

My question is how we determine the account determination for that GL Account in VKOA...

And why my tax figure is different from Sales Order and GL Line Item?

I have attached the picture for your review . Would much appreciate your reply....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For MWST GL acccount determination Check OB40 and for Transaction MWS check the Account assigned for the tax code in the Condition MWST.

Regarding the difference between the Tax in the Order and the Posted document,  the base value is different between the order and the Invoice as a result of which the tax has changed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Leo for your answer.....actually the value is correct coz i checked from item level not on the header...
For maintaining tax it should be from the condition record or in VKOA...because i managed to fix the error by extending the GL to company code 5506 but how do i know from VKOA the selection of this account determination....From the screen-capture below how to determine tax is read from which table? Please throw some light here...thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sherry,

Coming to your Point, please check in which Access Sequence, your combination of Company Code is maintained. If it is maintained in multiple Acces Sequence, either delete and keep the one according to the master data maintained by you or you can bring the access sequence on priority and tick mark Exlusive Indicator.

My advise is, please check your Customer Master and Material Master to find out what exactly you are maintianing for Account Determination. You can clearly see Cust. Acct Ass Grp and Mat Acc Ass. Grp is from Cust Mast and Mat Mast, then Acc Key from your Pr.proc then Sales Area of the Billing Document, Charter of Account and Company Code. Check in master data which all are you maintaining and accordingly simplify your account determination.

Please revert if you have any further queries.

Regards,

Deb.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please see the G/L number from accounting document in which posting is being made at the time of invoice. Check combinations in tables with your chart of accounts and other parameters. You have to check in all tables where that specific G/L has been assigned and with what combination it has been assigned.

Thanks

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From the screen-capture below how to determine tax is read from which table?

Go to the condition tab of that billing document and click on "Analysis" button.  There check to your right screen what system is showing for tax condition type.  System is considering that combination / table for which you would have maintained condition record.

G. Lakshmipathi

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sir

I forgot this point. I was thinking how to check determined G/L combination but was not able to remind this. Thanks for sharing and reminding me too

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Correct me if I am wrong. My understanding if it is Tax condition system will not refer VKOA but to OB40 transaction. Check the below thread

http://scn.sap.com/thread/982687

Regards

Leo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sherry,

I agree with Leo at this point. If the issue is with your TAX G/L, then it will be maintained in OB40 and not in VKOA. It will be maintained in OB40 with respect to the tax code. This tax code we must maintain in VK11.

Other ACCOUNT KEY like Revenue, Discount and their GL are determined from VKOA.

If you have access to OB40 please check otherwise check with the FI Consultant as well.

Regards,

Deb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshi,

I'm not able to find Analysis but in VKOA...May i know you are referring to which document?

Billing Document or Sales Order?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sherry,

Billing Document.

Regards,

Deb

Answers (0)