cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget tolerance limit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mentor’s,

I am facing an issue in budget tolerance, I have set tolerance for PR that system will give warning in 99.99% usage and for PO it will give error in 99.99% usage.

Budget will be checked on overall budget and we don’t have budget release. Availability control is active.

Now my overall budget for a WBS is Rs100/- and I have created a PR of Rs 100/-, while creating PR I am getting a warning and with this warning I am saving the PR. In reference to this PR I am creating a PO, keeping PO value unchanged. System is allowing me to create the PO without error, but ideally it should give an error message as per setting, only if I increase the value of the PO by Rs 1/- then only I am getting the error message.

How can I restrict user to create PO without changing the value? Please advice.

Regards,

Amlan Neogi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The availability control will only check again if the value that is assigned to the account assignment object is INCREASED.
So if you create a PO from a PR without increasing the PO value then no
additional check will be done.
Note 783161 describe this process in detail.
Please notice that the reason for this request does not indicate any possible errors in the SAP Software. Therefore it relates to a consulting issue. For follow-up questions please see note 83020 and 1054121.

Regards,

Amlan

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

System is behaving as designed.

It'll throw error, only when you try to exceed the tolerance limit set. In your case, you have set it to 99.99%. I do not know the logic or business reason behind your configuration of 99.99%. But I feel  internally system will round it off to 100, if the 0.01% is not a huge amount. So I feel system will round it off to 100% and when you try to exceed this limit (it'll not allow you to exceed), it'll throw error.

I hope this helps you.

Regards,

Amaresh Makal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amaresh,

Thanks for your reply. The question is for 99.99% usage for PR, system is giving warning message, bbut in case of PO even though the tolarance limit is 99.99%, system is not giving error message without editing (Increasing) the PO value. If I dont edit PO value it not giving any error, and accept the gross price.

Round up issue is not here even though i change the tolerance for PO to 95%, without editing the PO value system is not giving any error.

Regards,

Amlan

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think, you can not set both the tolerance levels to trigger at the same value.

In your case you are trying to trigger them together at 99.99%.

It always works in the ascending order. Level 1: Warning, Level 2: warning with email & Level 3: Error.

I feel, once system hits the level 1, it'll not trigger the other level at the same triggering point.

So I suggest you to set your Level 1 @ 99% and Level 3 @ 100% and test it.

It should work.

Regards,

Amaresh Makal

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you  should configure till three level tolerance limit for controlling budget such go through the below thread as similar you want.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3243715

Regards,

Sanjeev