cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLOC proposal incorrect in SD Delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Guys,

I have posted before but forgot my password and changed companies since (didn't take email address to reset with me).

So, now working back with a heavily developed and poorly configured 4.7 (don't ask) and have a problem which I really should know the answer to but after the best part of a day am still stumped and dissapointed that I can't figure this out.

This particular example is related to SLOC proposal in SD delivery (with WM). 

I have a single Plant with multiple SLOCs with same Warehouse assigned.  In this Warehouse, I have differing Storage Types but the same materials,in differing Storage Bins, differing Batches (at material), clearly differing GR dates and essentially quite specific Quants.

FIFO in all Storage Types, MALA assigned in Picking Location Determination (bit pointless really considering client is not using Storage Conditions for 90% of materials) and same picking point used for all SLOCs.

1. Create the SO (VA01)

2. Create the Delivery (VL01N) - Proposes SLOC with in 80% of test cases, the youngest stock in IM. 

Obviously I can check this stock and correct before going to TO but this is not what I want.  I want the system to run a check at creation of Delivery, into all SLOC's and single Warehouse to locate and propose SLOC for oldest stock.  Stringent FIFO is active in all Storage Types but I want this at SLOC level.

I must be missing something here, help is much appreciated.  Will happily confirm other config to those who wish to assist.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sushant_wanjari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since there is only one warehouse for all the storage locations concerend, so your issue here is to locate the storage location with the oldest stock. This has to be dealt with before moving into warehouse.

If there is batch management active, you can check with the batch search strategy. Otherwise, i suppose you need to proceed with the ABAP development to fetch the desired storage locatoin.

How do you deal with the situation when delivery quantity is not covered by a single storage location?