cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass data change DIR:- Set deletion indicator for DIRs of different Doc type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to set DELETION INDICATOR for 13K DIRs, and these DIRs  belong to different DOC types, And I need to take care of any object assignment to these DIRs

I tried the below options;-

1. CV04N:- Searched DIRs of particular DOC type and carried out Process (Defined Deletion indicator thru "start processing Documents-->IMG).

Pros: - Its helpful when you have only DIRs of one doc type. I have 149 doc types so I need do 149 times to set deletion indicator thru CV04N.

Cons:- I cannot set Deletion Indicator for all DIRs of different DOC types at one go, need to do it manually for different doc types.

2. LSMW:- If DIR have object assignment its stops and we need to run it once again for the remaining DIRs. And I have 13k DIRs to be set.

So please let me know is there any other better approach to fix this.

I have seen other threads for the similar issue, but that address only for DIRs of one DOC type.

Thanks in advance,

Sharan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is perfectly possible to search for multiple document types in CV04N in one go, but you would have to do this probably in several rounds as the search would take to long for 13K DIRs.

One other option for the impatient people amongst us is going straight to the DRAW table and setting the flag there.

if your final objective is to delete these documents you could also do this in one go and used the CDESK transaction. In there you have the option to go straight to delete.

As far as LSMW goes: as long as you create a batch input job using the tools this will run through all 13K DIRs and give you an error log that can be used to determine which one fails.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gertjan,

I don't want to delete the DIRs, Once the business verifies the DIRs and confirm on the same, then I can delete/archive.

Could you please elaborate on CDESK.

In LSMW, when I run the batch its working for DIRs which don't have any object assignment, but it straight away comes out of the session when DIRs have object assigned. Its not working.

Regards,

sharan