cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect HYPERION with SAP BW?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Our client wants to use HYPERION to consolidate financial data from BW. They told me that there is an easy way to connect these two systems. That it is completely a natural, no need of ABAP developments. What is that standard connection? Is there a manual on how to do the connection between SAP BW and HYPERION?

We are using SAP R/3 for the back-office, BW for the data warehousing and HYPERION for the consolidation. What Infocube should I need to activate in BW?

Thanks a lot

Regards

Vic

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Victor,

I see two main options:

1. Use the Open Hub mechanism to export the BI data into a file or database table and have Hyperion grab it from there.

2. Create a quey with all data you need, then release it for OLE DB and have Hyperion connecting to that query directly using OLE DB.

Hope it helps,

Gili

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all of you guys.

Regards

Vic

former_member199448
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gilad,

Fo the the mechanism explained, i suppose we need a connector.

Could you please explain the mechanism once data is save as file on the server how it will be collected by Hyperion?

Thanks

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gilad has answered the mechanism of integration.

Reg your other questin of what cubes to actvate depends on what kind of data do you wish to send to Hyperion. If it is Financial consolidation data search for cubes startig with 0SEM* in the content.

Ravi Thothadri

Former Member
0 Kudos