cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Duplication Feature not working in SAP PI 7.31

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want a duplication check on my files in File to File normal scenario using ICO.

But its not working.The sender channel is not showing me the duplicate errro even after sending 2 files with same name and size.

The timestamp ofcourse is changing everytime by seconds.

Kindly let me know the solution for this.

Thanks

Neha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Its not working that way.Already tried.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

I think the most important part of the guide that Venkat has referred to is:

The duplicate file is identified by the combination of the following file properties.

 Fully qualified path including file name (with extension)

 Size

 Last modified time stamp

If any of these properties gets changed, the duplicate count also reset and considered as a new file

(Important last point) It's important to investigate why the timestamp is changing all the time (i.e. how is the duplicate file being created and how is it arriving in your source directory). E.g. if it's being ftp'ed into your source directory then the time will always remain the same & the duplicate check will apply & work. However, if the file is being created at source (i.e. whatever application is generating these files) with the same name in the directory then there is no way for the duplicate check to work - it won't know if the data contained in the files are duplicated, it can't assume either...

Some Possible solution/s:

- Change the behaviour (i.e. file naming convention used) at the source creating the file.

- Do some Unix scripting e.g. Run OS command before message processing with maybe a "diff" command to identify if in fact the files are identical & eliminate the duplicates before your adapter starts processing the messages.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

'

By saying this

"E.g. if it's being ftp'ed into your source directory then the time will always remain the same & the duplicate check will apply & work. However, if the file is being created at source (i.e. whatever application is generating these files) with the same name in the directory then there is no way for the duplicate check to work - it won't know if the data contained in the files are duplicated, it can't assume either..."

do u mean that if i use sender fftp channel instead of file channel,my Duplication check will work in processing mode "delete" also?

Since my interface is running well with duplication check if i am using "Test"mode and not "delete" mode.In test mode,the same file is getting polled again and again and so all the above said parameters remained intact.

But i guess In Production this would never be opted to use Test mode.So, I am bit confused about this functionality now.

Thanks

Neha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

Nope, I 'm saying investigate what's causing the files to arrive in the directory that you are polling with the same name but different timestamps.

How are the files arriving at this location? The duplication check won't work as long as the timestamps are different.

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are uploading files in SAP ECC directories using transaction CG3Y which are our source directories in Sender Channel.

Now,these directories themselves have functionality not to upload 2 files of same name at the same time.It prompts to overwrite the exsisting files.

Also,the Last Changed Date and Last Changed Time of each file uploaded is different. 

So, maybe that is the reason Duplication Check is working only with Test mode for which I uploaded only one file and not otherwise.

Thanks

neha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

If you are using CG3Z to upload files to the ECC app server, if you choose to 'overwrite' it will change the time of an existing file with the same name. If you choose not to overwrite, you will end up with many files with the same name but different timestamps. Either way the duplicate check will fail.

Neha Verma wrote:

So, maybe that is the reason Duplication Check is working only with Test mode for which I uploaded only one file and not otherwise.

This is true.

You'll probably need to investigate a more robust way of getting the files to the source - or alternatively - finding a way to eliminate the manual uploading (i.e. CG3Z) of these files & let PI pick up the files (and maybe delete or achive them once processed) automatically.

Regards, Trevor