Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Service Proxy DC in NWDS 7.3

Amey-Mogare
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are planning to upgrade our SAP NetWeaver Portal platform from 7.0 to 7.3.

Currently, we have created following type of DCs in SAP NWDS 7.0: -

1. Portal Application Standalone (packed in SDA) : ( mainly JSPDynpage & custom UWL connectors)

2. Web Service Deployable Proxy DC  : (to be used in JSPDynpage to call web service)

Can anyone please suggest what type of DCs we need to create in NWDS 7.3 and some tips while migrating the code?

Please help.

Thanks & Regards,

Amey Mogare

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amey,

If you have development components, I suggest installing 7.31 Developer Studio, and import those DCs. In general, you will have to re-compile them with new reference model. You will need to:

• Replace all sharing references with SAP Standard DC runtime dependencies
  • Deploy external third-party libraries, if you have those

Web service should be deployed as is, it should work fine.

Regards,

Ivan

* Read my blog here

Amey-Mogare
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ivan,

Thank you for reply.

I understood your point regarding JSPDynpage DC. I even tried creating a test DC and deploy & run it on 7.3 Portal without any problem.

But I am looking for more elaborate information on creating (migrating) Web Service Deployable Proxy DC from NWDS 7.0 to NWDS 7.3.

Could you please share steps for this?

Thanks & Regards,

Amey Mogare

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amey,

I never did it myself, but I know that when import a 7.0 development component to 7.3 NWDS you will receive a migration dialog.

This is the best I can tell.

Regards,

Ivan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amey,

I never did it myself, but I know that when import a 7.0 development component to 7.3 NWDS you will receive a migration dialog.

This is the best I can tell.

Regards,

Ivan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amey,

I'm looking for same information. Can you help me?

Regards.

Amey-Mogare
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jim,

I could get some part of the answer. Maybe it'll help you further.

I found that we can create web service proxy DC by following below steps: -

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/4b/960176c17d2b5fe10000000a42189c/content.htm

Now after this, I dont know how to use it in JSPDynpage DC as we used it in NWDS7.0.

If you find something, please let me know.

ruben_alvarez
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Jim,

Did you solver your problem finally? Could you tell me how did you do it?

Thanks,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying something similar.

I used WSDL file/URL from NWDS 7.0 to generate proxy classes. what type of DC did you create this prxy class in ?

then wrapped this DC into EAR DC and deployed it.

Where in NWA did you locate object key ? when i browse through JNDI browser i see the ear but no object has been created  for my client.

when I try to Call webservice biz methods in a Portal component, it complies but while building i get error stating that  the webservices package can not be found.

Any help would be of great help.

Thanks

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To consume a WS from within a portal application, just import the WSDL into the portal project and then create the WebServiceClient within the portal project. The documentation does not cover this, but it is definitely the easiest way to go (if not the only one, I did not succeed using a deployable proxy from within a portal project; and different threads here on SDN suggest the same issue).

Hope it helps some other people

Detlev

Amey-Mogare
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply, Detlev.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amey,

I was wondering if you've found any further information regarding creating (migrating) Web Service Deployable  Proxy DC from NWDS 7.0 to NWDS 7.3. ? Would you please let me know?

I appreciate your time in advance!

Alex

Amey-Mogare
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Alex,

I usedCreating Web Service Proxies - Developing Java EE 5 Applications - SAP Library  to creat web service proxy DC in NWDS 7.3.

I used WSDL file/URL from NWDS 7.0 to generate proxy classes.

then wrapped this DC into EAR DC to deploy it.

Then went to NWA to locate object key for deployed webservice n used local lookup inside JSPDybpage to get hold of object instance to call its business methods.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Amey for the answer! I'm gonna try your approach and will get back to you if I have any confusion!

May I bother you with another question?

I'm facing a problem after deploying and starting EAR file (regarding to a Service) on

SAP NetWeaver Application Server Java. The error occurs when the service is started and the error  message indicates the soapconfig.xml because of a missing function (let's name it X). Just to make  sure weather the problem is caused by soapconfig.xml file or not, I did a test! The point is that when  I remove the folder containing soapconfig.xml and create EAR file, after deploying it, the same error  is issued meanwhile there is no soapconfig.xml file deployed!!

I would like to know what's your idea about this problem! Is there any configuration section in Sap  NWDS Application server Java in which we can change the path regarding to soapconfig.xml or any  other file??

Many thanks for your help in advance!

Amey-Mogare
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Alex,

I haven't faced this problem before so I have no idea to comment on this.

If a specific web service operation is not available, then it means WSDL file is incorrectly generated or maybe that operation is removed from service definition?

Thanks & Regards,

Amey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amey,

Thank you very much for your time and attention.

Best Regards,

Alex

Amey-Mogare
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, i know i couldn't be of much help here, i know 😞

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's not true at all Amey!! You've already guided me a lot!

The fact is that the problem I'm dealing with is so unknown for me that I can't even explain it clearly!!

we are doing the same upgrade of SAP NetWeaver Portal platform from 7.0 to 7.3. Some of web services and applications work with the new version of SAP NetWeaver Portal platform but some of them don't!

The one I'm working on is giving strange errors as I told you before. Actually I'm trying to not going through "Creating Web Service Proxies" process because I think it's gonna take a considerable amount of time to Implement!

BTW, I appreciate your help and attention and will let you know if have any progress on the issue.

Best Regards,

Amir

Amey-Mogare
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks a ton