Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get No of Users Logged in Server SAP NW 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created a j2ee Application using SAp NW 7.3 as my j2ee server.  Now i want to monitor the users logged in, Reports and All.  In my application there is no iViews and Portal Pages .

So Obviously Data colletor/ Report won't work over here.  I'm Trying to use Willy Introscope will it help me regarding this??

Or is there any other tool which will monitor such activities. I want the activities for past one month or one week.

Regards

Karthik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you can use Wily Introscope to monitor your Java instance.

I don't quite understand your requirement but if you want to access the monitoring interfaces within your J2EE application, see the documentation for the JMX monitor APIs.

In case you don't have Wily Introscope you can use the builtin monitoring capabilities. In SAP NetWeaver Administrator 7.3 you can display real-time session statistics in Availability and Performance -> Resource Monitoring. You can get a better non real-time overview by going to Availability and Performance -> Resource Monitoring -> History Reports and defining a new report with the monitors that are of interest to you.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you can use Wily Introscope to monitor your Java instance.

I don't quite understand your requirement but if you want to access the monitoring interfaces within your J2EE application, see the documentation for the JMX monitor APIs.

In case you don't have Wily Introscope you can use the builtin monitoring capabilities. In SAP NetWeaver Administrator 7.3 you can display real-time session statistics in Availability and Performance -> Resource Monitoring. You can get a better non real-time overview by going to Availability and Performance -> Resource Monitoring -> History Reports and defining a new report with the monitors that are of interest to you.

0 Kudos

Thanks Samuli For the reply.

The requirement is simple i want to get the data regarding no of logged in users for past one month or one week in that java instance (NW 7.3) where my j2ee application is hosted.

Ya i have already tried out the 

Performance -> Resource Monitoring -> Session Management. thing but the problem is it will show only for past 5 minutes i want the same for past one month or one week .

And While using History Reports it will fetch me only for todays data not for any other and also if it exceeds 500 records it will not show them.

So these are the issues will Willy  Introscope will be helpful regarding this.

Regards

Karthik

0 Kudos

Yes, if you require long term monitoring of your AS JAVA instance I recommend you install Wily Introscope and use Solution Manager.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why don't you try SAP Portal Activity reports?

Thanks

Krish

0 Kudos

Hello Krishna,

Do you have any idea about SAP Portal activity reports?  how many users are logged into the SAP Portal last/this month? How can i get the list of users were logged into SAP Portal last month?

Thanks,

Naveen