cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EHP Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I have an ERP 6.0 based on NW 7.0 and I have the following questions regarding EHP6:

Do I need to go through a minimun SPS for ECC components?  I mean, like a previous activity before using Mopz. The ECC components are in SPS 8.

The other issue is that the ERP is dual stack (ABAP + Java). The Java stack was never used, however, will I be facing problems with EHP6 as there's no longer dual stacks for ERP? Do i need to split the system before?, If its not necessary, what will happen to the Java stack?

Thanks for your time,

regards,

cK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ck,

Please clarify your question .

We are not able to understand the issue properly.

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mario Joseph,

Question 1 - Do I need to patch the ECC components to a minimum support package level before going through Mopz? The current SPS for ECC componentes is 8. (ERP 6.0 SPS 8 / NW 7.0).

Question 2 - What are the considerations for doing and EHP6 to a ERP 6.0 wich is dual stack (ABAP + Java add-in?, I know that now is not possible to install an ERP dual stack, however, what happen if I already have one and want to go through an EHP6.

Question 3 - As I'm only interested in the ABAP Stack, will the mopz allow me to choose only EHP6 for NW AS ABAP or it will consider both stack (ABAP/JAVA)?

Question 4 - If I dont use the Java Stack for my ERP, is there a support method for uninstalling the Java stack?

Regards,

cK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi CK,

Please find my comments below.

Question 1 - Do I need to patch the ECC components to a minimum support package level before going through Mopz? The current SPS for ECC componentes is 8. (ERP 6.0 SPS 8 / NW 7.0).

Just make sure your Solution Manager is patched properly.Preferably should be patched to the latest available patch.

Question 2 - What are the considerations for doing and EHP6 to a ERP 6.0 wich is dual stack (ABAP + Java add-in?, I know that now is not possible to install an ERP dual stack, however, what happen if I already have one and want to go through an EHP6.

This should not be a problem.You can upgrade an ERP 6.0 dual stack system to EHP6 and it would still work. MOPZ will identify the dual stack system if system data has been maintained properly in Solution Manager

The only constrain as you already know is ,its not possible to install dual stack systems anymore.

Question 3 - As I'm only interested in the ABAP Stack, will the mopz allow me to choose only EHP6 for NW AS ABAP or it will consider both stack (ABAP/JAVA)?

If you do not need java stack, (Java Add in) ,you can uninstall it before upgrading ERP 6.0 to ERP 6.0 EHP6  and before calculating patches through mopz.

Question 4 - If I dont use the Java Stack for my ERP, is there a support method for uninstalling the Java stack?

Yes , you should be able to uninstall the Java Add in using the installation DVDs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please find my answers for Q3 & Q4.

As far as I know it will take both ABAP & JAVA .

As well as please make sure that SAP will not be supporting ABAP + JAVA  as add in. you need to split them . So I would say that you split and try to upgrade ABAP alone

Yes. It is possible.

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amit,

Thanks for your help, I have just one more question: if the ERP is No unicode, Do I need to make the conversion to Unicode before trying EHP6?

regards,

cK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

CK,

Either way.You can upgrade to EHP6 and then do the unicode migration or convert ERP 6.0 to unicode and then do the upgrade to EHP6 .

Its all up to you.

Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi 

As  Amit said, both are possible.

However it is better you do the unicode conversion first and do the upgrade.

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal

nils_buerckel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you want to combine EhP upgrade with the Unicode conversion (meaning you want to do this on one weekend) it is better to do the upgrade first and then the Unicode conversion.

Best regards,

Nils Buerckel

Answers (0)