SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document &1 cannot be reversed due to clearing reversals

former_member862468
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are having this issue with FP08, basically the user posted the duplicate payment. they cleared the payment and now wanted to reverse the clearing but it would throw the error "Document &1 cannot be reversed due to clearing reversals". I have researched and found two notes  927199 and 1473998 which says to "Instead of posting a reversal of the reversal, you must recreate the clearings that were made initially, that is, you must post a new equivalent for the original clearing document."

I did not understand this. I have the screenshot of the transaction below. could you let me know how to resolve this using what transactions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shriya,

As I can make out from the screenshot, the reset clearing has been performed on the payment document, So you will not be able to perform the reversal of the payment document through FP08.

So, you need to post a debit entry of an equivalent amount as that of the payment document with a combination of main\sub which basically will debit the same GL account which was credited by the payment document.

So, in this way, you are negating the entry caused by the duplicate payment so that the GL account would not be overstated.

The reversal posting through FP08 would have also done the same.

Once you posted the debit entry, run an account maintainence b/w these two entries to clear them off

Hope it helps....

Thanks,

Amlan

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shriya,

As I can make out from the screenshot, the reset clearing has been performed on the payment document, So you will not be able to perform the reversal of the payment document through FP08.

So, you need to post a debit entry of an equivalent amount as that of the payment document with a combination of main\sub which basically will debit the same GL account which was credited by the payment document.

So, in this way, you are negating the entry caused by the duplicate payment so that the GL account would not be overstated.

The reversal posting through FP08 would have also done the same.

Once you posted the debit entry, run an account maintainence b/w these two entries to clear them off

Hope it helps....

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Thank you, ya that would clear half of the issue because, this JE would fix the FI side of it but we are using PSCD where the issue should be resolved in Business partner end too. The amounts would be matched cleared of in GL side but when we go to Business Partners in PSCD, that will stills show a balance on its side.. any suggestions...

0 Kudos

I didn't get you. Can you share the screen of the BP which shows the duplicate payment.

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

I apologise for the late response. Attached is the screenshot of the issue in more clear picture. Please ignore the first two rows which are old dated ones. see only line items which are on 10/22/2012. There is one Billing (BL) document 700076899 on 10/22/2012 created using tcode FKKORD1. Then they created two payment documents (PY) 800006084 and 800006085 using tcode FPCJ. Then they cleared these two payment documents with CL Documents 700076903 and 700076904 using FP08 transaction. If you see the screenshot, it has generated 4 line items with credit and debit of the same amounts. Any idea on why these are 4 line items. then they reversed the Billing document with reversal document RV 700076905 using FP08 tcode. now if you see there is 70 dollar balance left in PSCD side.

Generally these amounts are transferred to GL side using FPG1 transaction and so there is always a balance left on PSCD and GL Side. I could clear in GL side using a journal entry but wasnt sure on how to clear these amounts from this business partner.

This error "Document &1 cannot be reversed due to clearing reversals" comes when i try to reverse or clear the CL or RV documents. I found an sap note 1473998 but not sure if it would resolve...

any ideas...

0 Kudos

Hi Shriya,

From the Screenshot, what I could make out is that out of the $70 that is sitting as a payment on account, one is a geniune payment ($35) and other is a duplicate one ($35)

And the geniune payment ($35) should be there in the account and he duplicate one ($35) should be reversed out, which you are not able to because reset clearing has been performed.

Ideally $35 should be sitting as a payment on account.Isn't it?

Now to reverse that duplicate payment, you to perform a manual adjustment as I have written in my initial post.

Go to transaction code FPE1, and select the buisness partner and the contract account and choose a set of main\sub combination which will debit the same GL which has been credit by the duplicate payment.Choose the same amount of the duplicate payment and post the entry.

On performing this, you will another document has been posted in the customer account balance screen, which has led to the outstanding account balance to $35. You can clear them off by an account maintaineance run.

Since these manual adjustment is non-statistical transaction, so it will have a reconciliation key assigned to it which will be transferred to GL through FPG1, so that you don't have to perform any JE at the FI-GL side.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

Thank you for your info. I got it cleared it in a different way. I have created a billing document to clear the first $35 and posted an outgoing payment by selecting the CL document in PFCJ. select the outgoing payment instead of incoming payment radio button in FPCJ and select open items and select the CL item. Thanks for your help.