Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS Documents -attachments of DWG & DXF!

former_member523116
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do we have any feasibility to attach the Engineering drawings (examples: DWG & DXF formats) and .PPT as documents in PS documents functionality ?

Do we need to implement DMS for attaching the above documents apart from Project System?

Thank you,

Krishna Gujju

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gujju,

Do we have any feasibility to attach the Engineering drawings (examples: DWG & DXF formats) and .PPT as documents in PS documents functionality ?

You can attach any document from "Service for Object" menu (which is available in almost all SAP screens/ transactions)

Other way is, using DMS. Which is most flexible, user friendly and best.

Do we need to implement DMS for attaching the above documents apart from Project System?

DMS is enterprise content management solution, provided by SAP, as part of ECC 6.

If you implement DMS, there are several advantages like:

1) Document (any format) ) storage in secured storage area

2) Linking same document with multiple SAP objects like, PR, PO, WBS etc...

3) Document distribution to only intended audience

There are many features. I can not list out all features here. You may read SAP Help on DMS to understand it better.

Regards,

Amaresh Makal

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gujju,

I just had checked in my test system and found that there is option available to attach Engineering Drawings ( DWG) as documents in PS documents functionality.

I dont think it is  possible to attach .PPT. Let us wait for experts to comment.

Also, it is necessary to implement & configure DMS for attaching above documents apart from Project System. For more details, please document section on sap help.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/95/5fdf348840ee64e10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm

Regards

Tushar