cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking an existing PO to a newly created Contract

former_member88970
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi, we are on SRM 7.0 EHP1.  Extended Classic.

Desire to create several new Contracts in SRM.  These represent existing contractual relationships for which a Shopping Cart and associated PO have already been created (and may already have goods receipt and invoice receipt activity).  Is there any way  to link the new Contract with its associated existing PO after the fact?

Scenario:

Shopping Cart Created - text line

PO Created in reference to Shopping Cart

Contract Created

(Need to link new contract to existing PO)

Thanks,
Dow

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has your issue been resolved? I am quite keen to know the solution.

We have the same scenario.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dow,

If your requirement is just to add a contract to an existing PO, there you can always assign the contract to existing PO via process PO (Edit PO) option manually.

If you want to do it in mass update I don't have any idea.

You can find an option to input contract at PO line item level under general data tab.

Best regards,

Krish

former_member88970
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Krish,

Thanks!  I did populate those fields on the PO with the new Contract and Line Item numbers.  I was able to save the PO fine.  However, when I check the Contract releases, there is no indication on the Contract of the existence of the now linked PO.  It's as if I've updated data only on the PO but the equivalent information was not updated on the Contract.  As we have BW extractors pulling data from both PO's and Contracts, I believe without both docs linking to each other that some of our BW reports may not work as expected.  I had hoped someone out there had a method or way of truly linking the two documents together, as tightly as if the linkage had been done in the normal manner, (Contract created first, the PO created in reference as a "release").

Thanks,

Dow