cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Input variable not working when previewing view inside Studio

patrickbachmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have several input variables on my view and when I go to data preview within studio I get prompted for selections however it is completely ignoring my variable choices and showing me ALL data.  If I run the same view within BO Analysis for Excel it works as expected.  I'm pretty certain this worked in studio before I upgraded to SPS5.  Is this a bug with SPS5 or Studio 46?

Thanks,

-Patrick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

Can you please check the "View Log" option on the data preview and verify if the SQL generated for the view has the variable values in it.

Regards,

Ravi

patrickbachmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok I checked and it is not showing the correct SQL.  It does not show the filters in the SQL.  So I wonder why it is disregarding.

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

Personally I am not a fan of the preview functionality. It selects all the columns, all key figures, then makes group by clause for all characteristics and the texts. The query generated is quite heavy and we have experienced that it can bring down the system.

To me it is more important that, if I can fire a select statement with the required input values and get the correct output. But it is just the personal opinion.

Regarding why the variables are being ignored, you may want to raise the SAP ticket. This seems like a product bug.

Ravi

Answers (0)