cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installed 4.6c on SQL2000 on AMD x64 Win2003, New License shows expired

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just successfully installed 4.6c on new 64-bit hardware for starting our upgrade to mySAP ERP 2005. After the install, I requested a new license key to work with the new hardware key, and the new license is showing up as useable when running saplicense -show. However, when trying to log on using SAPGUI, the "license is expired" error prevents any logins.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

are you using the 46D_EXT kernel ? Is it the latest available kernel from SAPNET?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The 4.6D_EXT kernel downloads I see are not available in the Software Distribution Center. Is there another place to get it?

All I get in the SDC for 4.6D_EXT is:

"No Data Available"

Former Member
0 Kudos

well, this may happen because there was not 46D_EXT Kernel CD for 46 and SQLServer.

You may unpack the latest SAPEXE.CAR from service.sap.com/swdc

Support Packages and Patches- SAP Application Components- SAP R/3" SAP R/3 4.6C- Entry by Component- SAP Kernel 46D EXT 32-Bit- Windows Server IA32- 32 Bit- #database independend

and SAPEXEDB.SAR from the MS-SQLServer directory.

unpack them into \usr\sap\<sid>\sys\exe\run directory after stopping all services.

regards

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

I get a roadblock as soon as I hit R/3.

It is an info page about applying for extended maintenance and you can't dig down any further.

How are you browsing to it?

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I may have bad news for you:

<b>Mainstream maintenance for SAP R/3 4.6C ended on December 31, 2006.

From January 01, 2007 to December 31, 2009, SAP offers extended maintenance for this release. As of January 01, 2007, new SAP R/3 Support Packages and SAP HR Support Packages (Legal Change Packages, LCPs) for SAP 4.6C are only available as part of extended maintenance.

Please note:

• If you have not ordered extended maintenance, all Support Packages provided to the end of mainstream maintenance are available in the Software Download Center Archive. </b>

So, in order to get access to these patches, you must pay for additional maintenance fees. Contact your SAP representative... or use the following link ot order Extended maintenance:

http://service.sap.com/~iron/fm/011000358700001469192004E

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are currently under extended contract maintenance.

We are in the upgrade process now to get to mySAP ERP 2005.

Getting our system up and running on the new 64-bit hardware is part of the process for the upgrade. We install our current system on the new hardware and then upgrade from that point. Utilizing the new hardware is the only way we can have dry-runs before the actual upgrade of our landscape, so being able to install the 4.6D kernel on 64-bit hardware is a pretty critical event.

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

open a SAP message ( http://service.sap.com/message ) under component XX-SER-SWFL and ask the mto send you the 46D_EXT 64-bit kernel for Windows 2003 ans MS-SQL

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am still waiting for a response to the message I sent this morning.

I will send a new message on priority high...

rolfc_weber
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just a try, but try go this way from service.sap.com/swdc:

Support packages and Patches => Entry by Application Group => <b>Additional Components</b> => SAP Kernel => SAP Kernel 64 BIT

and then you maybe can access => SAP Kernel 4.6D 64-BIT and from there further down....

Regards

Rolf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, but that is also a brick wall for me.

I am beginning to think that SAP does not support 4.6D on MSSQL in Win2003 with 64-bit architecture.

I should know for sure when they answer my message...

Former Member
0 Kudos

well, just to be clear:

THERE IS NOT 64 BIT 4.6D KERNEL FOR X86_64 Windows!!!!

The only kernel supported on this platform is the 32 Bit I386 4.6D_EXT kernel.

Peter

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can still install a 32-bit kernel on a 64-bit platforms. This should work. in your case, you do not have any other choice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is, this 32 bit EXT kernel is not available online, and SAP has not yet responded to my message...

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

have you tried to download a CD-kit?

check http://service.sap.com/swdc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eric,

there is no 46D_EXT Kernel CD kit for MS SQL-Server.

I suggest to use the SAPEXE.SAR and SAPEXEDB.SAR from the 46D_EXT patch download area.

regards

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

may I ask you for the message number?

peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

0000175233/2007

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Joey,

can you please try the path mentioned in note <a href="http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/52505">52505</a>

close to the bottom of the note you will find download paths and addtional information on how to get needed components for upgrades.

sorry - we as SAP employes have a different (not contract related) view to the single components on the service market place. therefore it is not possible for me to test your view of SMP.

regards

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do I choose the "Windows Server on IA32 32bit" option?

I am not running the Itanium processor, and I was under the impression that the IA32 components are for the Itanium.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think IA stands for Itanium. It probably is Intel Architecture (IA). I would say choose the "Windows Server on IA32 bit".

RSB

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying this now.

I will let you know how it works out.

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

login with SAP* and use tcode SLIC or SLICENSE

chances are that your hardware key is not valid

Former Member
0 Kudos

You would think if it was a license issue, I would be able to log in using SAP* or DDIC? But the gui gives the "License is expired" message even when trying to login using these accounts in client 000.

I am thinking the license error message is bogus and there is something else causing this.

The WP logs are showing the following errors:

M *** ERROR => OS release Windows NT 5.2 3790 Service Pack 1 8x Intel 801586 (Mod 65 Step 2) is not supported with this kernel (46D) [thxxsick.c 288]

A *** ERROR => OS release Windows NT 5.2 3790 Service Pack 1 8x Intel 801586 (Mod 65 Step 2) is not supported with this kernel (46D) [sapicc.c 729]

M ***LOG R68=> ThIRollBack, roll back () [thxxhead.c 10125]

Is there a different 4.6D kernel for the AMD x64?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am no longer getting the kernel error message, after applying the correct kernel patches for 46D EXT IA32 32bit.

But I am still getting the following error when trying to log on as any

user, including SAP*:

"LOGON REFUSED (License has expired)"

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have it figured out.

I had to use a TSQL backdoor approach to reset the SAP* user (I am sure everybody here knows how to do this, but I won't expound) and was able to log in and run SLICENSE. For some reason, SAP was not recognizing the SAP* user as SAP* before, but as a regular dialogue user, so it was not allowing it in with an incorrect license key. After finally getting in, I was able to resolve the license issue and now I can continue with the upgrade to ECC 6.0

Thanks for everyone's input/help.