cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regenerate proxy option not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

We have a scenario where we have downloaded and installed updated XI content for GTS, however, when we are going to SPROXY transaction to re-generate the proxy, the option is greyed out, are we missing any authorization in this case, if yes, then what is the required security object involved in this authorization.

Thanks,

Monika

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sunil_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Monika,

I think there should be corresponding correction patch for ECC system in order to resolve Message structure issue. Try to search or contact SAP.

Have a look at SAP Note :1053030

Thanks,

Sunil

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Monika,

If you are using Standard Content in SAP PI and GTS has Standard Proxy for this, you really dont need to Re Generate / Activate. Everything is already done. Trigger some dummy data and check.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nabendu,

But, when I see the underlying database tables and structures in proxy, they are different from the updated data types and message types that are present in the updated XI content in Integration repository.

Thanks,

Monika

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Monika,

If the correct Version (GTS) of Standard Content is downloaded to PI, this should not be the case. Everything should be in Sync. You can recheck the Documentation of the Standard Content (like with which Version, EHP of GTS it will work).

If you still find everything is good but your Standard Content Datatype is not matching with Proxy, you may check with Data Type Enhancement.

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2006/11/14/xipi-data-type-enhancements-stand...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nabendu,

In earlier XI content,data type structure was like this:

<datatype>

f1

f2

</datatype>

Now,the structure as per new XI content is:

<datatype>

f1

f3

f2

</datatype>

Can this kind of enhancement be done ? Moreover, this is one field change, other than this, I will have to compare in detail what all fields have been changed/added/removed.

Thanks,

Monika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monika,

Which proxy are you trying to re-generate, the SAP standard one?

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trevor, yes it's a SAP standard one.

Thanks,

Monika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monika,

This isn't possible as far as I know, can you explain the reason to regenerate it?

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trevor,

SAP has updated the XI content for GTS that we have installed on our system, and they have also given some manual steps that say: we have to go to change mode in the SPROXY transaction for that particular proxy, right click on it and regenerate...

If this can't be regenerated, then how can the proxy content will be updated?

Thanks,

Monika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monika,

You can't regenerate the SAP Standard proxies.  You have to create Data Type Enhancements and you have to regenerate Data Type Enhancements.

Have u done Proxy settings in ECC.  If not please do the settings.  Follow the below link.

http://saptechnical.com/Tutorials/XI/ABAPProxy/page1.htm

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-3813

Thanks,

Satish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Proxy settings are done in ECC. How do I create data type enhancements and regenerate them ?

Thanks,

Monika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monika,

The thing is...The XI Content that you import into PI must align with your backend version. If you import an updated version of the XI Content, the backend won't be in alignment until you upgrade the component in question (GTS) to the same version as the XI Content.

monika ratan wrote:

and they have also given some manual steps that say: we have to go to change mode in the SPROXY transaction for that particular proxy, right click on it and regenerate...

How was this instruction conveyed to you from SAP? Was it via an OSS message, SAP Note etc.? If it was via an OSS message then they could provide a patch or hotfix...

My advice:

- First, if you are working with SAP on an OSS Message / Support Ticket - seek advice from the backend developer that is assisting you with a patch - this would fix ddic & tables to see the additional field.

- Or: Check / update your GTS version (with Basis help) in your backend and align it with the updated XI content version that you have.

- I would advise against a data type enhancement. The reason there is an additional field in the standard XI content indicates that it comes with additional standard functionality / behaviour in the backend. So if you add the additional field using a DT enhancement, you would still need to add the custom code in the backend to realize the benefit of this extra field - but you won't necessarily know all the impact points in the backend - you would just be trying to do something that has already been done by SAP.

- Last option, if you don't need to use this additional field right now, revert to the previous version of your XI Content (the one that aligns with your backend) until your GTS component is upgraded first - thereafter you can use the newer XI content.

Regards, Trevor