cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO DP proportional factor calculation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone please explain to me, how system is calculating the proportional factor.

I know, there is transaction to calculate proportional factor /SAPAPO/MC8V and according to the sales history key figure proportional factor calculation will happened.

I would like to know, how the system works.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello expert,

I have an issue concerning proportionnal factor calculation. when i launch the programm MC8V, the system remove figures i have fixed manually before.

Do you know if there is a solution to not remove figures fixed manually ?

Thanks,

Guillaume

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guillaume,

As per standard SAP behaviour, the system calculated proportional factor values cannot be fixed. Using a custom key figure to hold the system calculated proportional factor is one option for you.

Regards,

PN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In addition to above replies you can refer following help documents for examples.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_apo/helpdata/en/c3/a98e9c74de11d398480000e8a49608/content.htm

Regards,

Anurag

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can calculate fixed proportion or detailed proportion in /sapapo/mc8v.

Please refer to the F1 help of the field for explanation.

Online help http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/EN/66/29fb672fbe11d398240000e8a49608/content.htm also explains the calculation logic for the two types of proportional factors.

You can switch on the detailed log of proportional factor in the 'other settings' tab of /sapapo/mc8v, I supose the log will help you understand the logic

Best Regards,

Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sumathi,

Proprtional factors are calculated using MC8V.

You can calculate proportonal factors (also called shares) based on ANY key figure that exists either in the Planning Area or in ANY Infocube for ANY period in the past and apply to ANY period in the future for ANY other key figure that you wish to be disaggregated based on these proportional factors.

For this to happen you have to specificy that APODPDANT is the basis of structutal and/or Time based disaggregation in the Planning area key figure settings. This can be done anytime using the options "change key figure settings" of the planning area.

APODPDANT stores the results of proportional factors are the MOST DETAILED level at which the basis key figure is stored in the planning area of the infocube.

APODPDANT is not the only basis by which disaggregation happens. You can chose not to use it at all. You can e.g. Disaggregate a stistical forecast based on a key figure that could be a moving average of sales history or any history you are using as a RAW data for deriving host of planning data, forecast and macros.

Hope this helps

BORAT