cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to access data from consolidated database(CDB) using native Android application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I am new to the SUP world. Have created an Android native app using the generated code for the deployed MBO. For this MBO i am using the cache policy as scheduled(for 10mins) .I am using MBS based synchronization in my code. At the start In my SAP backend has 4 records ,now when one more record is added to the backend, the updated record is not reflected in my app even after the specified cache interval. I can see the  updated record only if  i call synchronize() in my code .

My query is do I have to call synchronize() everytime I need to get the updated record from backend?

Second " I have noticed if I call synchronize() just after the backend(SAP DB) is updated , i get the updated record without the delay of specified cache interval which means the app is hitting backend DB directly(At this point the CDB is not updated because of schedule cache policy)" .

Is it normal or i have made some mistakes while configuring the MBO because then there is no use of cache.Because as per my understanding device should talk with CDB only".

Thanks & Regards
Mohammed Rehan Rizvi  

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

When you use schedule cache policy with time interval,It refreshes CDB after specified cache interval.

So Cache DB will have new data and it has to work in this way.

Even I am also using scheduled cache policy in my project and it's refreshing the cache DB after specified cache interval.

Second thing what synchronize() does, It takes data from cache DB and updates the device database. So u have to call synchronize() API to get new data from CDB to device database. Sync happens between CDB and Device DB.

Third one want to know some details, do u have any load parameters in MBO?

Regards,

Abhishek Wajge