Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing several Material Masters in SRM 7

former_member252154
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

1. Is that possible to import various Material Masters from several ECC backends in SRM 7?
  2. What happens if some Materials records have the same ID?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Le Raids,

To answer your both questions, it has only one answer -

what exactly did you mean by 2 different material master with same ID, does it means that 2 Masters in 2 different client having the same ID.

If so then answer to 1st and 2nd question is same - Yes Material is related to Backend system in SRM. You can check Go to SE16 --> Table COMM_PRODUCT -- and you can see same material ID for different logical systems.

Thanks.

From RBEI,

Snehal

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Le Radis,

To answer your questions:

1.     Yes, it is possible to import various Material master from Several ECC backend system to SRM

Actually one of key benefit of SRM system as compare to ERP. We need only ONE SRM system and multiple ERP systems can be connected to the same.

2.     Did you means same ERP system is having duplicate Material master record with same ID,

If yes, Yes first of all duplicate entries are possible if the Master data is not centralized.

When ever u replicate ur master they will be replicated with a business doc

that can have a slot, the slot level can be  varied depending on customising how many materials belong to one Bdoc generated.

Hope i am able to answer your query.

Additionally please refer this for more information on how to replicate material masters -

http://scn.sap.com/people/marcin.gajewski/blog/2007/02/05/how-to-replicate-material-master-from-r3-t...

Thanks,

From RBEI,

Snehal

former_member252154
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks

I am happy you confirm we can download several Material masters (I could see we can create several entries in SMOEAC).

Remaining questions :

- What happens if two different Material Masters have some Materials with same ID?

- Is a Material related to a backend system in SRM (like in SAP CLM)?

Thanks in advance

former_member22425
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Le Radis,

- What happens if two different Material Masters have some Materials with same ID?

- Is a Material related to a backend system in SRM (like in SAP CLM)?

I think the scenario should work fine as both the material masters will have different guid-id's referring to the different back end systems and in the ppoma you will be maintaining the logical system for the master data used for each purchasing group.

Best Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Le Radis,

To answer your questions:

1.     Yes, it is possible to import various Material master from Several ECC backend system to SRM

Actually one of key benefit of SRM system as compare to ERP. We need only ONE SRM system and multiple ERP systems can be connected to the same.

2.     Did you means same ERP system is having duplicate Material master record with same ID,

If yes, Yes first of all duplicate entries are possible if the Master data is not centralized.

When ever u replicate ur master they will be replicated with a business doc

that can have a slot, the slot level can be  varied depending on customising how many materials belong to one Bdoc generated.

Hope i am able to answer your query.

Additionally please refer this for more information on how to replicate material masters -

http://scn.sap.com/people/marcin.gajewski/blog/2007/02/05/how-to-replicate-material-master-from-r3-t...

Thanks,

From RBEI,

Snehal