Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple component versions exist for system

former_member203322
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all

I have a sandbox BW system which was connected to solman in version 701 and then upgrade to 730....now I refreshed this BW via system copy from production and need to repeat the upgrade to730 but am not able to generate a valid stack...in mopz I get the error message

Multiple component versions exist for system

unfortunately there is no clear message in the logs referring to which component is duplicated so it is very difficult to troubleshoot..to ad more complexity this system has FINBASIS and SEM-BW addons installed so it has to be treated especially in mopz in order to create e proper xml stack file (some ERP components need to be added)

anyone has got this message? any idea how to quickly solve it ?

thanks and regards

Michele

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michele,

Please check in SMSY, Product system - elect your BW sid id.

Go to GHeader data -> check ina ctive product version, if version have old and new version , plz remove the old in change product assigment.

After plz try in Mopz.

Rg,

Karthik

former_member203322
Participant
0 Kudos

hello

thanks for you hint, I had 2 different BI_CONT  versions...I have now another issue with the generated stack..SUM (SP6)  doesn't like it with the error

Component PI_BASIS release 701 SP level 0000 from XML differs from 10 in source system!

Component SAP_ABA release 701 SP level 0000 from XML differs from 10 in source system!

Component SAP_BASIS release 701 SP level 0000 from XML differs from 10 in source system!

Component SAP_BW release 701 SP level 0000 from XML differs from 10 in source system!    

any idea?

thanks

Michele

richard_pietsch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

select the system in the list of product systems in SMSY and check the software components for the product instance. There is a column named "patch-level". Here insert the patch level from your BW system - that's patch level 10 according to the messages from SUM. Cross-check the settings with the system information from your BW system.

You need to create a new xml file afterwards.

former_member203322
Participant
0 Kudos

hi

many thanks..the problem is I cannot edit anymore data in smsy because of SP7...tried within lmdb but cannot edit the patch level even though the data collection is set to manual...

do you know how to edit patch level data in lmdb ?

thanks again

Michele

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It always better in these case to remove the entries and let them come automatically thru SLD or recreate in LMDB, which also requires removing the OS and DB parts from lmdb.

richard_pietsch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

mmh.. as I am not a fan of lmdb I would go through table SMSY_SYST_COMP and change the column EXTRELEASE in the corresponding entries for the active version of your system..

former_member203322
Participant
0 Kudos

hello

I tried to synch data from sld within the lmdb system editor...some patch levels were filled in but I also had to manually maintain the table SMSY_SYST_COMP as you suggested

best regards

Michele

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michele,

In SMSy, try to read system data remote for particular system and check the software component compare in managed system the same in solman.

Then execute the t.code LVSM_Load for production instance detection .

Rg,

Karthik

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

richard_pietsch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michele,

from my experience, best way is deleting the system from the solman landcsape first. If you are useing SLD, delete it there and sync. the data of SMSY with LANDSCAPE FETCH job. Ensure that it's completely deleted from SMSY.

In SLD you need to have the current system data of BW system. Then, recreate it via LANDSCAPE FETCH job or directly via RFC.

It appears that the solman does not recognize the software components correctly.

So, lets say you have SAP_BASIS 701 as well as SAP_BASIS 730 at the same time assigned which is not possible.

Regards, RP