cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Easy DMS 7.1 client not starting up

christian_zalto
Explorer
0 Kudos

I tried to install the "SAP Easy DMS 7.1" client on Windows 7 Enterprise 64 Bit.

The installation worked fine without visible errors - but the application simply does not start up.

Starting "EasyDmsStart" - nothing happens and I don't know the reason.

I cannot find anything integrated in Windows Explorer or MS Office either.

What possibilities are there to find out the reason: Are there any logs written somewhere by the installer or the application?

Are there DLLs I could try to register or special command line parameters so I can find out why it is not starting?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

The topic is pretty old but just curious if you managed to find a solution for this?

I’m using SAP GUI7.3 with EasyDMS 7.1.3 on a windows 7 machine.

This installation worked fine on the old laptop, but with the new laptop the client won’t start
as you described. (I’m not getting the shortcut on the desktop either)

We've tried to uninstall and install all sap applications (as admin) over and over but we're still facing the same problem.

According to the installation log the installation is successfully..

Cheers

Nguyen

christian_zalto
Explorer
0 Kudos

This issue was never resolved. Although I opened a ticket with SAP they were not able to reproduce or resolve it. Seems there is no one left in SAP who really knows this product from a client side perspective. We gave up and provided the users a virtualized version (Microsoft Application Virtualization). This worked on most of the computers but caused new problems as there are other programs like the Adobe PDF Reader called by the DMS client that needed to be set up in this virtualized environment, too. Big mess - better avoid SAP Easy DMS if you can.

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

could you please send me a direct message with the SAP ticket number so I can see what happened with this ticket.

From our side I have to stress out that this is a very special issue and I am working with EasyDMS now for several years and if the installation is fine and the issues explained at

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/x/gYJbF

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/x/F4T8Ew

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/x/UwRIF

are checked EasyDMS should start correctly. From SAP support point of view I have to stress out that we simply need a reproducible sample to debug the behavior and to find the root cause. Without this possibility I'm sorry to say that we cannot do further testing.

Best regards,

Christoph Hopf

christian_zalto
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Christoph,

the number was 114367/2013. The only "reproducible sample" I can provide is my notebook. I am offering to drive down to Walldorf and you can try to install EasyDMS on it. Might not be the typical way to resolve it, but the most promising. And by far better than moving tickets back and forth or escalating to some management folks who think in completely different categories and finally won't help.

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

thanks for the ticket number. I checked the information and I remeber this issue now. In my last reply I asked you for the version details of librfc32.dll and librfc32u.dll so I can compare it to the one used on my PC.

Further I sent you my DLL files and asked you to test the behavior with them on a test PC. Unfortunately there was no feedback on these questions and you closed the ticket with the information that you have managed EasyDMS to work in a virtualized way.

I'm truly sorry that your ticket ended this way. Unfortunately I'm located in Vienna and the EasyDMS development is located in India, so meeting in Walldorf would be not that easy.

Maybe you can provide me the DLL details in this thread now and maybe there are some other users here that can check this combination as well.

In the meantime the latest version of EasyDMS is 7.1.5.1 and SAPGUI 7.40 patch 3. This runs on my Windows 8.1 laptop well.

Best regards,

Christoph

christian_zalto
Explorer
0 Kudos

I tried to remove and reinstall the newest version of SAP Easy DMS without success.

Regarding the DLLs I have found the following versions:

System32: librfc32.dll (7200.0.0618.8036)

SysWOW64: librfc32.dll (7300.3.526.7906)

SysWOW64: librfc32u.dll (7300.3.526.7906)

EasyDMSInterface\Unicode: librfc32u.dll (7200.0.712.8157)

There are, however, no runtime or connection problems that I would expect when having DLL version conflicts.
For me it seems to be an installation problem: Maybe there are other conflicting Windows explorer plugins, maybe a needed Windows service is not running.

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I checked the current librfc32 versions on my laptop and I found the following data:

System32: librfc32.dll >> no librfc32.dll file

SysWOW64: librfc32.dll (7400.1.89.8324)

SysWOW64: librfc32u.dll (7400.1.89.8324)

EasyDMSInterface\Unicode: librfc32u.dll (7200.0.712.8157)

Would there be a chance to have a direct access to one of the affected PC?

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've a laptop here if you need to check.

These are my librfc.32ddl files:

SysWOW64: librfc32.dll                                 (7300.1.416.7536)

SysWOW64: librfc32u.dll                               (7300.1.416.7536)

EasyDMSInterface\Unicode: librfc32u.dll      (7100.4.280.7365)

Cheers

Nguyen

christian_zalto
Explorer
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think that this needs to be checked again via a SAP ticket. If possible please open a new incident in component CA-DMS-EUI for this issue and refer to the previous message and that this is already discussed with me.

I will then get a development colleague to take a look at this issue via direct access.

Best regards,

Christoph

christian_zalto
Explorer
0 Kudos

Okay, ticket is there (513880 / 2015).

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

thanks. I already forwarded the ticket to my development colleagues. If there will be a solution please update this thread with the details so that other users can participate from the information as well.

Best regards,

Christoph

christian_zalto
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Nguyen,

is it possible to run the following command on your computer:

shell:::{40FCDBA0-89CC-4C5A-9EA1-203CA5E89DBA}

Although my EasyDMS integration does not work, this command forces the Windows explorer to work with the EasyDMS CLSID. Sometime it needs to be called two times before it starts up the user frontend properly. To provide this command could be a sort of workaround.

I dug a bit deeper and found the utility "ShellExView" from NirSoft helpful. It shows that at least the EasyDMS "Shell Folder" exists and that it should be shown in the Windows Explorer.

However why the Windows Explorer does not show it, I still don't know.

christian_zalto
Explorer
0 Kudos

I think I finally found the place where the EasyDMS ShellFolder got disabled.

In the Windows registry the place is

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CLSID\{40FCDBA0-89CC-4C5A-9EA1-203CA5E89DBA}\ShellFolder]

It had the attributes value

"Attributes"=dword:00100000

Which according to

http://www.virtualplastic.net/fresh/html/app_attributes.html or https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/bb762589(v=vs.85).aspx means "Object is a non-enumerated object" (SFGAO_NONENUMERATED) and therefore it should be hidden.

I simply changed this attribute to

"Attributes"=dword:00000000

and after restarting the Windows Explorer (using ShellExview) EasyDMS showed up immediately.

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

I'm glad to hear that you have solved this issue by changing the registry key. Thanks for providing this information in the community as well so all other participants can see this solution in the future.

I saw that you ticket is current on status "Customer Action". Maybe you can provide this information also in the ticket and then close it.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Sorry for the late reply, just came back from vacation.

I made the change that you described above and it solved the issue.

Thanks!

Cheers

Nguyen

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

could you please tell me what kind of EasyDMS version you are using at the moment?

Because I use currently the SAPGUI 7.30 with EasyDMS 7.1 SP04 patch 1 on a Windows 7 PC without problems. Have you tried to uninstall your EasyDMS version and install it again with the windows context menu option 'Run as administrator'?

Best regards,

Christoph

christian_zalto
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Christoph,

it was the newest "SAP Easy Document Management 7.1" version available from the download center. I installed and deinstalled it several times, already having admin rights and installed it gain as administrator but nothing changes. It just does not give me any hints what's wrong.

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Christian,

Your issue is really tough to understand. I can only suggest you to raise as OSS with SAP.

Regards,

Amaresh Makal