cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PU Order Quantity Exceeded error in QA32 while posting stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting an error in QA32 while making usage decision against a purchase order that PU order quantity is exceeded by XXXX.Message no M7 022.

GR is made agianst a purchase order by movement type 103,then quality lot gets created.After result recording,we make usage decision,suppose there is lot of 100 nos,out of which 20 nos are rejected,then we post 80 to unrestricted and 20 to return delivery.while saving the usage decision system gives error of "PU Order quantity is exceeded by 60 no".

I have also checked no tolerance limit is set in Purchase order or in material master purchasing view.

In purchasing value key also no tolerance limit is set.

Regards

Nilesh Deshpande

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh, Perhaps you might have used any user exit with custom logic in QA32 program which is restricted you to post in to return delivery (Particularly logic of less than 50% quantity posting issue ). Ideally it shouldn't.

If I am not mistaken system generates inspection lot after 105 movement. Could you please check whether you have processed MIRO and then trying to post return delivery? For such case you should cancel MIRO and then post return delivery.

AR

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not sure I'm totally clear on what you are doing.

Are you trying to do the return posting as a second step?

I'm not sure where the 60 is coming from.

It sounds like you make a Ud with 80 to unrestricted and then you are coming back in a second time an posting another 80 to unrestricied and 20 to return delivery.  That would result in trying to post an extra 60 of the original 100.

You can only post a qty once in the UD.  If you got in 100 units, you can only post 100 units. Once posted, you normally can't come back and repost it.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply,i am not doing posting in second step.I am posting the stock only once in QA32.

Suppose there is lot of 100 nos,then i am posting only 100 not more than that.

Another issue is that if  i post a quanity equal to or  more than 50% of the lot quantity to return delivery

then system is allowiing me to post.but if quantity posting in retrun delivery is less than 50% of the total

lot quantity,then system gives this error Incorrect posting back to vendor and PU order quantity is exceeded by xxxx.Message M7 022

Second thing system shows the difference of unrestricted quantity and return delivery quantity as exceeded quanitity.In above example lot quantity is 100,unrestricted quantity is 80 and return delivery is 20,so the exceeded quantity is coming as 60.

Regards
Nilesh Deshpande