Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$root value flows into 2nd level Material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have 2 level of BOM,

X & Y... using multilevel configuration , i have one charecterstic called , Production start date  in Both the materials.

$SELF.Production_start_date = $ROOT.Production_start_date

IF $ROOT.Production_start_date SPECIFIED.

Now, when i configurre Production start date in X material , system automatically derived into Y material, Now  , when user trying to change Production start date in to Y material , system troughing a Conflict Error. whihc i do not required.

My req: as per above Rule, system brings Productin date into Y material, there is no probs, but when user tries to chnage the date in Y material , system must allow the change with out conflict error.

Kinldy share your rule to make it possible.

Many thanks ,

Raj.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

venky raj,

please try with $PARENT instead of $ROOT.

ex :

$SELF.Production_start_date = $PARENT.Production_start_date

IF $PARENT.Production_start_date SPECIFIED.

$ROOT is the highest-level configurable material in a configuration.

$PARENT refers to the object immediately above $SELF in a multi-level configuration.

so IF in your case X is not the header , its a level below KMAT and once you assign any value , you can refer it below using PARENT, also even if X is header you can use PARENT for sending it to level below.

Hope it will work as per expectation.

Check out and revert back.

Hope it will help you.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ritesh,

I have done the changes as per your thread.

Infact, as per my above example  X is the Header material & One more IMP point here is, I can sell Y indivuvally .

I have assigned the rule to the Y configurable material, this will works when i takes Header material as my first line item in SO, It means with the effect of the rule Value will pass from X to Y .

Wheni Takes only Y as in my line item ... the same rule is picking up in Configuration,

if the COnflict error needs to avoid , i need to right some other rule , as ( Should not consider header material rule).

Thanks & regards,

raj

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

venky raj ,

sorry i didnt understand what do you mean by

Wheni Takes only Y as in my line item ... the same rule is picking up in Configuration,

if the COnflict error needs to avoid , i need to right some other rule , as ( Should not consider header material rule).

as the rule is attached at Y level , it will always run but will not change your values as in this case Y it self is header and and you are assigning value to Y directly.

also i hope with usage of PARENT your earlier problem of getting error in scenario when you are changing value at Y level by deleting value refer by X is solved?

please revert back , and please mark replies helpfull if it helps you.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dubeji,

As i told you earlier, i can sell X material alos Y material seperatly.

when i want to sell only Y material , i choose the Char: Production date. later ( after entering , w/o going out to screen) if go and change the date in same screen , system triggering ( Dependency whihc was written for X & Y) conflict error message, if i double enter the pop up will dissaper.

I want to avoid the ($root dependency ) when i select only Y material in Sales order.

Many thanks for your reply.

Thanks,

raj.

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

venky raj,

seems you Like  the ROOT and thats why dont even want to give try a syntex with $PARENT.  , just kidding

I suggest please use below

IF $PARENT.Production_start_date SPECIFIED.

and here you will not get any error as when you will use Y as sales order material , and you havent specified Production_start_date rule will not be trigger, the moment you assign value or if its being picked from some other field using any referances the rule will be trigger and here this time Y is a PARENT it self so rule will simple run and will not change any thing.

Hope the explanation sounds logical to you , and you will give it a try.

Also please mark threads helpfull if it helps you.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rithesh ji,

Still the same rule is pulling , when i takes Y material in sale sorder line item.

suggest me on this.

I have written as below ,

IF NOT $PARENT.Production_start_date SPECIFIED

It is working fine... when i takes Y  and enter Production date, and i trying to over write the same value system not displyed conflict error pop up. But,  when i take X material , Production date configured in X , but it is not floting into Y Material.

Pls suggest.

Awaiting for your reply.    

Thanks,

Raj.    

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj,

Modify the Dependency code like this and try to configure the child Material as stand-a lone in sales line item.

$SELF.Production_start_date ?= $PARENT.Production_start_date

IF $PARENT.Production_start_date SPECIFIED

Regards,

Brahmaji D

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Brahmaji,

Perfect Answer.......................

Thanks & Regards,

Raj.

Answers (0)