Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roles and auth in SD

former_member208541
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to understand the concept of roles and authorisations as far as SAP SD module is concerned.

As an example Iam taking an example of a Z report developed by our abapers. It is  a Z report  which gives a list of open SO for which delivery is not made . This Z report fetches data from standard tables and send send the output in an email in excel sheet.

My questions are :

1) We need to give access to only key users to run the report. How is the concept of roles and auth  comes into play for this ? Do we need to create Z roles/auth obects and if yes why ?

2)  during cut over  to production, what  needs to be kept in mind for roles/auth.

3) There is a FM, "Authority check ". What does it do ?

Regards

Sachin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) We need to give access to only key users to run the report. How is the concept of roles and auth  comes into play for this ? Do we need to create Z roles/auth obects and if yes why ?

Give the Tcode of report only to Key users. Basically this is BASIS guy's responsibility but for your information I would like to tell that go to SU01, Give user name and press F7. Go to Roles tab and double click on role. Here you can exclude or include transactions in user's roles. If there is more then one role then you have to take care of all roles. Also check profiles assigned to the user.

2)  during cut over  to production, what  needs to be kept in mind for roles/auth.

I am not clear with this what you want to ask.

3) There is a FM, "Authority check ". What does it do ?

This authority check logic (coding) is used to compare user's role and some transactional data entry. Where standard authorization objects are not working we can add this authority check logic in some user exits or Z reports etc.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think this link

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-17023

will be helpfull for you.

If you still have questions -- first try to use google.

Thanks,

Evgenii.