Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Becoz of which t code, a role is considered as professional license

former_member610738
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a list of roles that is considered as professional, semi-professional and employee license.

According to role assignment to users , users are considered as professional or semi professional user.

But i want to check becoz of which t code or authorization that role is considered as professional and semi-professional.

Is there any t-code to check the same.

Kindly help

WR

Swati

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Licence types are assigned to users, not roles or transactions. And the assignment is manual - there is no automatic calculation of licence type based on transactions.

Steve.

former_member610738
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

we have one report where we can see the roles classified as professional or semi professional.

On what basis a user is classified as professional or semi professional user?

WR

Swati

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can find information about this here: http://service.sap.com/licenseauditing. Also, to some extent, this may depend on the details of your organisation's contract with SAP. Licence types and their allowed usage can be defined there overriding the standard definitions.

Which report are you running to see the classification of roles?

Steve.

former_member610738
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

In above link information is given for t codes SLAW and USMM.

I want to see why a user is considered as professional (is this becoz of a role or authorization assigned to him.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The licence type is assigned to a user master record manually in SU01 - look on the Licence Data tab. There is no automatic assignment of licence type based on assigned roles or transactions.

The link I gave above does include examples of how to classify users. See, for example, here: https://websmp209.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700002121472004

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I still wonder how to assign the license to the users as per Transaction codes,

I have the user only create Purchase order and Purchase requisition ,should have professional or ltd professional license or only having shop floor,

I have the te use creates only invoice with excise role ,which license assign?

I have the user doing only goods receipt and goods movement, which categorize the license?

is their any focus on the license assignment?

Best Reagrds,

Devendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you read the links I posted above? There is no direct connection between transaction codes and licence types. It is more complicated than that and may well depend on the details of your contract with SAP. If you are unsure, you really need to speak to whoever manages the contract at your organisation, and maybe also to your SAP account executive.

I can't give you a definitive answer for your specific circumstance because I haven't seen your contract...

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swati,

I'm assuming that you have (a) run USMM to collate the information and (b) assigned the appropriate license type in SU01 > Tab LicenseData?

WR

Graham