cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Final Signed Document along with Contracts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

While doing contract imports, the issue is that the scanned pdfs for the contracts do not get uploaded as the 'Final Signed Document' in the contract. Is there an extra step required to attach the scanned pdfs as final signed document? Is there any import template available for this?

Please let me know how I can automate this.

Thanks in advance,

Arjun.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arjun,

we did some testing here, and this will not be possible. You are able to import additonal fields such SIGNED_DOC but you can't attach a document to it. The importer right now is only able to handle contract documents but not "attachments" to additional fields.

Could you please create an enhancement request via CSN ?

Thanks a lot,

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Armin. I will do that. But is this something which will be possible in Sourcing 9.0 ?

Arjun.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arjun,

no it's not possible in Sourcing 9.0 as well - in fact I tested it on 9.0.

Could you please mark the question as answered.

Thanks,

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arjun,

one of my colleagues in Product Management looked into this issue as well and has proposed the following as a potential feature request. If possible, please provide us with feedback on this option:

If we were able to provide a field within the contract Importer that stored the file name path as a link would that be a sufficient work around to being able to import a separate attachment file that contains the Final-Signed-Document ?

Thanks,

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

The issue with the link option is that you then need a separate repository for the final signed document! That I think defeats the whole idea of CLM being the single repository for contracts. So, I think we really need to have a way to upload the final signed document as an attachment.

I understand there is some complication in including this in the contract import functionality because the field opens up only when the Contract is moved to Executed phase. So, I think if you provide a separate import object just to import the final signed document that should also be fine.

Thanks,

Arjun.

Answers (0)