cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intercompany billing with several supplying company codes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

I would like to set up the scenario below but I am blocked and would like to know if someone could help me.

I have 3 company codes CC1, CC2, CC3.

Company codes CC1 & CC2 have respectively plants PL1 and PL2, sharing the same shipping point SP1, and sales organizations SO1 and SO2.

Storage locations SL1 of PL1 and SL2 of PL2 are sharing the same warehouse number WN1.

Company code CC3 receives a sales order from a customer for product A1 (belonging to CC1) and for product A2 (belonging to CC2).

I would like to set-up an intercompany process :

- with only 1 delivery (to be able to put the two products A1 and A2 in the same physical box),

- with only 1 invoice to the customer of CC3,

- with 1 intercompany invoice from CC1 to CC3 for product A1 and 1 intercompany invoice from CC2 to CC3 to product A2.

I have done all the customizing related to the intercompany process.

First I have a problem creating only one delivery as I do not have the same "Sales organization for intercompany billing" (VKOIV) for the different products.

So I get the message VL033 "Item 00020 : delivery split due to conflicting header data (VKOIV: SO1 <-> SO2)".

It seems that it is not possible to change this header field by a copy control between sales order and delivery.

I put this field manually to ' ' (blank) when debugging : my delivery was "correctly" created and I was able to create my transfer order and to post the goods issue. Product A1 was correctly issued from company code CC1 and product A2 was correctly issued from company code CC2.

I was also able to create the invoice for the customer of company code CC3.

But, when I am trying to create the intercompany billing (invoice type IV) with transaction code VF01, I get the error message VF 0009 : "Sales organization is not defined". Of course, because I have deleted it ... 🙂

What I would like is that the system splits the intercompany invoice in two IV invoices.

Is the creation of only one delivery and two intercompany invoices possible, certainly not thanks to pure customizing but at least thanks to a "clean" ABAP code according to you ?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

Best regards.

brad_bohn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A reply to a very old post, but I had the same question and landed here. The previous answers here weren't helpful at all, but there is an easy workaround after reviewing and testing the code. My scenario is a multi-company corporation with multiple plants within the same warehouse where a new corporate online store will sell products belonging to those multiple companies. There is no desire or need to move stock via STOs or manually. One shipping point, one delivery, one picklist. By standard, the delivery document create process will refuse to create a delivery with items that belong to multiple other plants, since the code in FV50XFLK_LIKP_FUELLEN_IV determines that multiple selling organizations have been determined. The fix? Extend your intercompany customer to the sales area on the delivery, as well as the sales areas the items are being pulled from, then force that sales area in the code of FV50XFLK_LIKP_FUELLEN_IV. Long time ago, you would need a code mod but now you can use an enhancement. Once you do that, LIKP-VKOIV equals LIKP-VKORG (and the other field values for distribution channel and division are equal to). When you create the interco invoices with reference to the delivery document in VF01, SAP will create invoices for each company with all of the correct information and posting values.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hallo,

we are using this process since may years (since 1996).

The solution is not to create one delivery, but to use warehouse management functionality. The key is that your two plants share one warehouse. There is functionality in the system to combine WM transport orders into "reference numbers" - these can be done even if the transport orders belong to deliveries in different company codes, as long as they are in the same warehouse. The "referenced number" allows to pick all the products for the shipment to the customer together.

You may want to look for "Multiple Processing" in the SAP help of Warehouse Management System.

For us the process works very well, but for the complete process chain it is not straight forward - you may have to use some user-exits or BADis to make it work for your special needs.

Hope this helps.

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jean-Marc,

Please, see these notes and read them as a checklist:

SAP Note 11162 - Invoice split criteria in billing document

SAP Note 109254 - Customizing stock transport order Cross Company

SAP Note 308989 - Consulting note for cross-company transactions

SAP Note 543821 - FAQ: cross-company processing

SAP Note 38501 - Intercompany billing before customer billing document

For instance, in note 308989 check the point I.1.2 carefully, and check also note 38501

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for giving me those SAP Notes.

Unfortunately, I found no solution to my problem.

For the intercompany billing, SAP requires to have the field LIKP-VKOIV filled.

If it is empty (like I did by debugging the program), in transaction code VF01, the system is blocking me and I do not even reach the copy control code ...

If I "cheat" in the customizing by linking my two delivering plant P11 and P12 to the same sales area SO01, I am able to create only one delivery with LIKP-VKOIV filled with SO01.

But when trying to create the IV billing document, the system creates correctly the invoice for the product A1 (created for SO01) but of course does not creat the invoice for the product A2 (created for SO02 and not for SO01).

Thanks to the copy control between delivery and invoice at item level, I could use a split criteria (ZUKRI) to separate the invoice in two, but I will still keep the sales org SO01 in the header. And for the second invoice of product A2, I do not see a technical way to redetermine the header sales org and to put SO02 instead of SO01.

Any idea please ?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

First of all ,I would have appreciate you for taking this scenario here .

Company Code CC1              Company Code CC2          Company Code CC3

Plant PL1                             Plant PL2                       -

Sales Org   SO1                   Sales Org   SO2                       -

Storage Loc SL1& SL2      Storage Loc PL1 & PL2                      -

Shipping point  SP1                Shipping point  SP1                      -

Now ,The Company Code CC3 receives a Sales Order from a Customer for Product A1 (belonging to CC1) and for Product A2 (belonging to CC2) .

Now ,you want to do Delivery one with two Procducts and only One Invoice from CC3 to Customer  and Two Inter Company Invoices from CC1 to CC2 and also CC2 to CC3 .

Note : This is not possible to raise one sales order why because A1 is in one sales area and A2 is in another sales area .So ,in this case ,How can we create One Sales Order and do delivery ?

Query and Suggestion : Why dont you want create Inter Company Scenario b/w CC1 and CC2 to get Material from their plant PL! to PL2 and here again ,we have to run 2 nd Inter Company Scenario to send that Product to Customer from CC2 to CC3 .I think ,this is simple way to achieve the correct Out Put .

If you have any doubts please let me know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First thanks for your quick reply.

The company code CC3 has its own sales organization SO3.

Product A1 is defined in the sales area SO3/*/* of the company CC3 and in the sales area SO1/*/* of the company CC1.

Product A2 is defined in the sales area SO3/*/* of the company CC3 and in the sales area SO2/*/* of the company CC2.

So it is possible to create only one sales order for both products A1 and A2.

Thanks also for your suggestion but we do not want to create "artificial" financial flows.

Product A1 belongs to CC1 and product A2 belongs to CC2 so we just would like to have one invoice from CC1 to CC3 for A1 and one invoice from CC2 to CC3 for A2 and not invoice from CC1 to CC2 for A1 and one invoice from CC2 to CC3 for A1 and A2.

Any other idea please ?

Best regards.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Thanks for responding Quickly from your side .

1. In sales Order Over view Screen ,Which Sales Area ,you have maintained ?

a. If you maintained sales area of A1 Product ,what about sales area of product A2 why because these two are products were created by two different sales ares .How the system will be respond ?

b. In which Sales Area ,the Customer created in your system ? why because If create Customer in A1 Product Sales Area ,What about another  A2 Product Sales Area ?

Note : I Request you to convenience your Client to get the Product A1 in CC2 from CC1 as normal way and from CC2 ,run Inter Company Scenario .

1. VA01 based on PO from CC2 in the Sales Area of CC1.

2. VL10    Background

3. VL02N  Delivery with Goods Issue Movement Type 601

4. VT01N  Shipment

5. VL02N Do PGI

6. VF01 Final Invoice .

Or Else you would run STO Process from CC1 to CC2 and run here CC2 to CC3 Inter Company process .

Now ,run the Inter Company Scenario from CC2 to CC3 .

If you have any doubts please let em know.

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please find below the answers to your questions.

In the sales order overview screen, the sales area is SO03/*/*.

The customer has been created in company code CC3 for sales area SO03/*/*.

Product A1 is created in SO03/* and has for this sales org./distrib. channel the delivery plant P11 of CC1.

Product A2 is created in SO03/* and has for this sales org./distrib. channel the delivery plant P21 of CC2.

SAP detects that this is an intercompany flow and, thanks to the intercompany billing customizing, links plant P11 to SO01/*/* of CC1 and plant P21 to SO02/*/* of CC2.

SAP creates correctly the sales order with those data.

When creating the delivery, the sales organizations of products A1 and A2 are different and, in standard, that's what's causing the delivery split (as the field VKOIV is a header field of the delivery).

I do not want to run a STO process from CC1 to CC2 and then a intercompany process from CC2 to CC3. Indeed, I do not want to have a financial flow between CC1 and CC2.

Anyway, I do not see how it could be customized.

Any idea please ?

Thanks again for your help.

Best regards.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

When I am trying to create the inter company billing (invoice type IV) with transaction code VF01, I get the error message VF 0009 : "Sales organization is not defined". Of course, because I have deleted it ... 🙂 .

1. Where you have deleted it ?

2 .Why you have deleted it ? ( I f not delete what happened ? )

Put ,below path configuration of screen shorts .

Diagnosis : After examine your scenario ,my mind was totally went Down to legs .

Note : Don't execute IV invoice in VF01 .Please go to VF04 and deactivate all check box except Inter Company Billing check box and execute .now ,you can get only Inter Company Invoices .Now ,Select billing doc and  select Individual Billing Doc Icon and put If you get any errors .

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

At the beginning, I wanted to check if it would be possible to create only one delivery with products of two company codes.

My initial intercompany billing customizing (IMG > Sales and Distribution > Billing > Intercompany Billing > Assign Organizational Units By Plant > Assign Organizational Units to the Plants) was the following :

Plant PL1 => Sales organization SO1 / Distribution channel 02 / Division 10

Plant PL2 => Sales organization SO2 / Distribution channel 02 / Division 20.

When I tried to create my delivery, I get the message VL033 "Item 00020 : delivery split due to conflicting header data (VKOIV: SO1 <-> SO2)".

To check if there was no further check, I manually deleted in debug mode the content of the field VKOIV at the time of the creation fo the delivery and the delivery was "correctly" created.

It means that the only problem is that the case of having two differents supplying company codes within the same delivery has "not been planned" by SAP.

But deleting the info LIKP-VKOIV represents a problem when trying to create the intercompany invoice IV (whether it is thanks to VF01 or VF04).

As mentionned in my answer to Eduardo's mail below, if I "cheat" in the customizing by linking my two delivering plant PL1 and PL1 to the same sales area SO1, I am able to create only one delivery with LIKP-VKOIV filled with SO1.

But when trying to create the IV billing document, the system creates correctly the invoice for the product A1 (created for SO1) but of course does not creat the invoice for the product A2 (created for SO2 and not for SO1).

Thanks to the copy control between delivery and invoice at item level, I could use a split criteria (ZUKRI) to separate the invoice in two, but I will still keep the sales org SO1 in the header. And for the second invoice of product A2, I do not see a technical way to redetermine the header sales org and to put SO2 instead of SO1.

I tried to use VF04 instead of VF01 but I got the same problems.

I hope that it is clearer for you now.

Best regards.