Extension Index in SAP
I have a requirement to create secondary index on VBPA for fields PARVW and KUNNR. In VBPA i could see an extension index already available. The status of the index is new and there is a warning that says Index does not exist in MSSQL. Is it possible to activate this index and will it improve the performance if activated?
Raymond Giuseppi replied
Look better at SE11 on the index...
Check Switch ISM_MEDIA_BASIS_MODIF activation status.
if switch activated
- You can activate the index (of Note 1239267 - Long runtimes when starting input in the Service Cockpit ?)
- For performance, it will improve some read performance, but of course not for the update of database.
- Also VBPA can be very huge on your system, so activation in database can be long and should be executed outside of peak hours.
- Transactions SE11, SE14 or DB02 wont have any effect (Read the activation log if you already tried)
- Create you own index in your namespace (like VBPA~Z01) (but activate in production outside of peak hours)