Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload Item details to change custom fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

Again depending on your help.

In a PPM 5.0 SP7 system, I have existing portfolio items, and i want to populate those items with data to new custom fields.

I have tried using transaction RPM_DX_ITEM, from IMG Customizing, Portfolio management - Utilities - Transfer Data to SAP Portfolio Management.

Prior to that I have configured Fields for Mass Import, where I have excluded(not visible) all other fields than mandatory standard portfolio item fields and my custom fields.

When I run the transaction RPM_DX_ITEM, with Change mode, the program will still zero/empty all the fields that were not visible in Excel.

How to avoid this?

Can I specify somewhere that I want to change only the fields shown in the excel and leave all other fields as they are?

If not, can I export the same information required for import safely from somewhere? Dashboards or BW?

Any other ways to upload data without blanking/emptying all fields?

Thanks,

Antti

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Antti,

I had sometime ago a similar requirement as you, in my case I wanted to use this transaction to change only authorizations an not edit any  item field ( i set as no visible all item fields except item ID) and it was not worked, it seems that all fields in the item are updated then it is needed complete the file with all item information ( the one that you need change + not needed to change)

The current item informatin is in this table /RPM/ITEM_D

Please if you or other people in the forum  find another standard solution to not  complete fields that don't have to be changedshare with us.

Regards!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I usually go about it the same way - download the contents of /rpm/item_d or inm_initiative and fill in the 'empty' cells with that information. Dashboards won't help you much since you need to enter technical values, not their descriptions/names (e.g. 0001 for Importance, not 'High').

You could also try tweaking the field list used for mass import, but I've never done that so can't tell if it's a good way to do it.