cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICO and Email notification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts.

I have a scenario where I need to take a file from one location and put it in another location.

I am using an ICO in PI 7.3

when the PI finish putting the file in the new location successfully I need to send a notification to a user via Email.

Is there a simple way to do this? (not using BPM, not running OS script after message process)

I can't use adapter modules as I need to run them after the CallSapAdapter and that is not possible in an async message...

Thanks,

Imanuel Rahamim.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you dont need mapping for this. Is that right? If so you dont need ESR. Just do one scenario file to file for moving the file from one location to the other.  Create another scenario file to mail and read whether the file exists and so send the mail using receiver mail adapter.  This way you can do using ccbpm and not os script.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

First thanks for the quick reply.

I thought about that option as well...

However it has 2 problems.

1) I am making another scenario for nothing (I thought I could twick something in the file adapter and get it done in the same scenario)

2) I need to sample the file in an X minutes interval. After the user get the notification it will look

and take care of the file. but what will happen if he didn't got the chance to take care of it? he will get more and more notifications.

(I can of course name the first file temp_filename and after that change the name - but it seems that I just add more complexity to something that should be simple)

Also - if the mail server is down - the file will not be in the correct name and the user will not be able to work with it until it will be renamed manually.

Message was edited by: Imanuel Rahamim